car dealers/wholesales:  need advice >

car dealers/wholesales: need advice

Notices

car dealers/wholesales: need advice

Old 01-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good painters can make the repair disapear!!! NO ONE will ever see it. That is what makes a good painter good and a great painter worth everything to a body shop. I can let you look at my truck and I bet ya everything that I have that you will not be able to see the damage that it took in the accident, and yes I have a good eye for this stuff as my brother has been doing it for YEARS and has taught me lots to look for.

Jon
Old 01-27-2003, 09:04 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Give it to LATER I think he needs a few more puffs of paint fumes to really put him over the edge
Old 01-27-2003, 10:21 AM
liquidlocomotive

dont for get about a rental while it is in the shop. Nice if the shop has rentals on site.

Old 01-27-2003, 12:53 PM
WarParty41

Audio.......

Don't take offense to this, but I can detect paintwork on just about anything. I deal in a lot of high end cars and it is imperative that I know if it has had paintwork. If it does, I pass. All of todays cars are painted at the factory by robots. Robots paint better then humans because they are computerized and the paint goes on the same thickness all over the car, except for the hood, roof and trunk where the paint is a little thicker. There is an expensive meter that I use to measure paint thickness. If a body man has repainted a car, it usually comes up thicker, because they can't duplicate the robotic painter, thus a higher reading on the meter. If the measurement comes up too low, then it was repainted and buffed down too far.
If you're wondering why I need a meter, it's because at the auction, sometimes I only have about 10 to 20 seconds to look at a car on the auction block. It's much quicker and more accurate putting the meter on the car then depending on my eye.

Old 01-27-2003, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audio, sometimes it's more than just seeing. There are so many different signs to look for. Overspray, wheel wells, undercarriage and the feel for inconsitincies.