Notices

OT: Driving and Drinking!

Old 01-31-2003, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is the same crap around here, 20 min down the road, everyone is rich. BMW, Mercedes, Panoz, Porsche, Etc.... But the cops there will just follow teens walking and wait for you to walk in the grass then they try to get you. They just passed a law allowing the cops to take the keys out of a running vehicle to prevent theft (last stolen vehicle there was a POS at least 5 years ago).
Old 01-31-2003, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want to be missunderstood. I am not promoting drinking and driving nor do I advocate the breaking of the law. I am simply stateing that it is my belief that there should be a certain envolope within which we can enjoy the freedom that as citizens of this great country we have worked so hard for. Without worries or falling through the cracks of our judicial system that have been created by the few who try to use the law as a substitute protection from those with a lack of common sense.
sorry just my $.02
Old 01-31-2003, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally posted by srobak
just in case some of you YOUNGER people *cough packin & hyper* with not quite as much common sense decide to give it a whirl... or that guy from the other thread about not allowing a search of glove boxes and center consoles.

I have more common sense than that, I at least know to put the empty bottles under the seats so when the officer comes to the window he has no reason to think im drinking.

on an honest thing, I know not to do that, to many people are killed and everyone around them is hurt.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:20 PM
Registered

...I don't drink and drive anyhow.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:40 PM
Washed Away

Here in Ohio, there is a town called New Rome. There is a collection of citizens trying to disolve the town because of the police department. It has approx. 60 residents and at one time 14 police officers. They generate over 350,000 dollars a year with a speed trap on a .19 stretch of Interstate 40. Yes that is 19/100th of a mile. It has made the national news. Small town coruption at its best.

Old 01-31-2003, 08:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

New Rome, Ohio will be featured on 20/20 tonight!
Old 01-31-2003, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Laveyman
There's an Irish pub in my former patrol area that did just this every weekend night. They'd send out a few sober patrons who had minor equipment violations on their cars, knowing we had a tendency to lurk near the bar at closing. When we stopped the decoy with the B/O headlamp, the bar would empty out FAST!

This worked for a few weekends until someone told us what they were up to. Then, we had OUR OWN DECOY! The first officer would stop the decoy driver, while the 2nd & 3rd officers wait in the wings for the REAL drunks to stagger out into their cars. There's nothing like beating an idiot at his own game!

Hell that is funny, mabey even better than the joke and it had me rolling on the floor
Charlie
Old 01-31-2003, 10:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

They left out the part of the New Rome story about having 60 residents and 14 police officers.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:22 PM
Registered

srobak- put a sock in it It's not entrapment, it's exploitation. Leave your legal pontifications to the experts. In IL we've got a bunch of neighborhood cops (Tower Lakes, Bull Valley, McCollum Lake, Fox River Valley Gardens, ad infinitum....) who do nothing but look for petty violotions to add to their coffers.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Sea-Dated

Entrapment is when a cop lures you into committing a crime. If a cop is sitting there waiting for you to commit a crime, that is NOT entrapment...AND THIS IS A NO BRAINER!