Thanks Reindl Powerboats GREAT PRIZE >

Thanks Reindl Powerboats GREAT PRIZE

Notices

Thanks Reindl Powerboats GREAT PRIZE

Old 02-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Chris for putting up the prize, she was very excited when she won. Mitzi (Sutton) is my sister and has raced with me in Baltimore a few years ago, she also drives for me sometimes when testing. Also a big thanks to John (Audiofn) I won the stero he put up as a prize, I know it sounds rigged but I did not do the drawing.

Eddie Simmons
Superboatusa.com F1-68
Old 02-05-2003, 11:51 AM
packinair

Having went 130 miles in 5-7' waves in one of chris' boats I can assure you you will have the time of your life.(now accepting kidney donations). Very cool of him to put that up!!!!! I might as well jump on the band wagon too... tell him you want PACKINAIR to go with you (even though he will probly not let me with in 100 yards of one of his boats again..LOL CONGRATS AGAIN

Old 02-05-2003, 05:32 PM
supergirl

I was thinking of trying in Daytona or do yaw think I should wait and use my 1/2 race day at the worlds.
Whats the best venue?

Old 02-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered

Well one thing to consider, Daytona does have the longest distance from dock to ocean. So you would get the most "seat time", but not maybe not at the best speeds. Marathon, very nice, great water, close dock (quick to speed), flat water (Gulf & Atlantic). Corpus, well that's a long way to go. Savanah, river water, and not too much big open water, very narrow. Key West, great all around, just to long to wait for a cool ride. It would kill ya to watch and wait until November. So, I'd say Daytona... But make sure Chris starts your time at Ponce inlet. Then you'd get the most seat time cruising, and BIG water...
Anyway, you can't go wrong. So many good place to drive the boats. Good luck, just watch out for "MrOffshore"... Whoaaaaaa...
Old 02-05-2003, 10:08 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supergirl,
I can definately say that Ben is a good person to take the ride with. I did a test run with him 2yrs ago in Keywest the day before they evacuated us out of there. We had a good run in some really big water.
DPT

You remember that Ben?
Old 02-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Registered

DTP,
Heck yea I remember that test in Key West. Pending hurricane, wall of water at the edge of Key West... Yea remember heading to Cuba, and the others choosing not to follow? Yea, that was way fun, I'd do it again in a second.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

DPT and Ben,

That was not really big water.

That was INSANE water. I don't want to be an overestimator, but I say true 10 footers.

We hadn't had a failure all year that year and I think we were "trying" to breat the boats before the worlds.

What a blast those rollers were, and they were so soft. Certainly some of the best air I have ever had.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Chris,
I'm sure you are not far off on your estimate of 10'... When Dennis and I first went out, I was driving and throttling, and it was NOT working. So when I ask Dennis could he drive and we stopped to switch, while Dennis was strapping in a wave completely broke over top of us and almost rolled us. We were hit and filled with TONS of water immediately. I yelled to Dennis, GET IN AND SHUT THE DOOR!!! (which he did). Then we headed out looking for Cuba. Jeff L. at the time was with us, but quickly turned back and reported back to the dock that I had left and was looking Castro.
But yea, back to the water; It was "large", but I'd do it all over again.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:46 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was definately the best test course anyone could have. I remeber when we were in route to Cuba launching off one of those 10' clearing one and falling into the gap between two other waves and straight through another 10' wall of water. What a ride that was!!!!
Thanx again Chris and Ben!!!
DPT

Last edited by DPT MOTORSPORTS; 02-06-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Rich,

They were not playing in the bathtub with the remote control models like you usually are...

LOL

I couldn't resist, I saw the waves myself.

Remember they cleared us out the next morning due to Hurricane Michelle and cancelled the whole World Championship weekend.

Chris

Quick Reply: Thanks Reindl Powerboats GREAT PRIZE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.