Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
gas powered R.C. Fountain on Ebay >

gas powered R.C. Fountain on Ebay

Notices

gas powered R.C. Fountain on Ebay

Old 02-05-2003, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The helicopter is really cool. Also very pricey in terms of the others I have so that makes me nervous. I have more in it than my first couple of cars. On top of that, they require a LOT of attention when flying. I would be more than happy to show you it some time. I had a guy teach me how to fly it, and he also has is pilot's license for choppers. He said the real thing is much easier to fly than these little buggers. I can get more into it w/ you at a latter time, but it is really cool. About the boat, since it is already red, that wouldn't be hard at all!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Registered

Where is your moms shop, is it in Delaware? I know how that is, having a bit of money into these, the Scarab would probably retail for around 1300 No, I didnt buy it, my dad got that and the 28" air boat at a flea market for cheap. But the first time I had it out, in the back of the marina by the sailboats.... Still learning how sluggish it is in the turns, almost hit a sail boat at wot I then idled it back to me and decided to go to a bigger part of the lake.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Registered

Bet the sailboat was still jeolous though!!! Her shop is actually out of the house. Let me know if you would like her to do anything. She mainly does smaller scale jobs like this so that she doesn't get too overwhelmed w/ it all. Really nice work though. One thing you are probably familiar w/, as far as her work goes is she does almost all of the lettering for the Little Brown Jug here in Delaware, as well as most of the stores. I would love to see the little scarab run. I have a couple of stories my self about the gas boats. How about when it got about 10' in the air when I was still breaking it in & lost radio contact? Will tell you more in person.

Old 02-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Registered

wow!! 10 feet up, I bet your stomach felt like it was 10 feet up also!! As soon as the boats ready for water in March (hopefully ) Ill pm you and set a time. Where at in Delaware, my moms a visiting nurse up there and it wouldnt be hard to get a ride there...

Now, off to find some scarab lettering pics off the internet

Tommy