Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Registration is not required in Texas if the vessel is Coast Guard documented
Old 02-05-2003, 08:26 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Are the state sales tax required to be paid even though registration is not, it looks like it is from the letters that were sent.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It is supposed to be, but hard to track
Old 02-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Registered

if you document a boat in Texas, by law you are supposed to register it with the state. What people are doing is documenting a boat and not registering with the state. So when the game warden pulls you over you have document papers to show him. They have no way of knowing if you registered with the state.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Texas Parks and Wildlife told me that it does not have to be registered and that makes since because you are not required to have TX numbers or the 2 year registration stickerand it is fedrally registered
Old 02-06-2003, 07:19 AM
Registered

I did not have to register it with TX, just pay them the tax. I think they just want their sales tax money. No stickers, no numbers, just the name and home port on the back per USCG requirements.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:31 AM
DallasHeat

You can't do both! You either register it with the Coast guard OR the State. But the State still wants the Sales Tax monies!

DallasHeat

Old 02-06-2003, 04:37 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

In NH you have to register with the state but do not have to put numbers on the hull or stickers if it is registered at the Coast Guard.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:41 PM
OutlawBayB

The only reason we paid the taxes on the boat, was b/c we had to register the trailer at the DMV. The trailer had no plates, and the boat was not registered anywhere, so it was sort of like buying new. ours is documented also, we paid taxes on the boat to the Parks and Wildlife, but they said it did not have to be registered with the state. They basically took my word on what I bought the boat for, and I paid the 6.25 on that price with-out the trailer. I just got the documentation renewal, and sent it back, no fee.

You do have to register the trailer in TX, but not the boat if it is documented. That would be the only way they could track it in my opinion.

Old 02-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Low Rider

Question

What is a clean water sticker?

Quick Reply: Texas Sales Tax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.