Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I"M A SUCKER!!! >

I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I"M A SUCKER!!!

Notices

I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I"M A SUCKER!!!

Old 02-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Side note: If they rave about being a christian, they are screwing you over in some way.

If they rave about being againsts Alcohol and boats, theres stains on the carpet.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Registered

I am in the real estate and development business and one of the best quotes in the industry is, "buyers are liars", sad but true.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear this. I had same thing just 3 weeks ago. Guy from CA calls and we BS for a bit and he says he will buy my boat. Even had a couple more phone and email exchanges. Few days later, don't hear from this serious buyer. SO I callz him, seems he is no longer interested in the boat and doesn't feel it neccassary to let me in on this tid bit.
BUT, the new serious buyers will be here Sat morn to pick it up. So all is well.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Registered

If you get a deposit from someone who is interested in the boat, & you take them for a sea trial, They don't want the boat, so You return the deposit. Isn't that the same as taking them for a "Joy Ride?"
If you really thought someone just wanted to go for a ride, Ask them to split the Gas with you, If they buy the Boat, then you'll give them their gas money back.
If they Don't you Got to go out for a reason & they chipped in.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:37 PM
OG Outlaw 24

Default Head Stompin!

Joey,

It does not take alot for me to load a couple guys into a van and send it to a state that starts with a "P" for some persuasion.

Shady people, meet shady endings......

I say we send him a bill for Gas, Beer, Lodging, Beer, Lost time, Beer

OG

Old 02-08-2003, 05:43 AM
Registered

OG was my victum that was the first guy to answer my ad to help me with the long drive to the keys from mi...never met him...talked 2 times...he came over loaded his **** and we were off.

after 3 days i think we both realize it was a great start to good friendship. we are different but the same.

all of my close friends share the same thing...integrity! it's all i have, so it's really all i expect!

ps...the boat stays in key largo....for those joy rides...doesn't work too well as an ice cutter here in MI right now
Old 02-08-2003, 06:53 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Being honest and straight forward doesn't make you a sucker. But if you really insist on being one, I will buy your boat for $100, deliver it to me in NY (full of gas) and there will be no doubt as to winning the sucker title!
Old 02-08-2003, 07:55 AM
Registered

That sucks Audacity!!

Hope I dont get the same treatment when I sell my boat!!

I'm sure a proud new owner of Audacity will step up soon, heck its a awesome boat and will make anyone proud to own!!

I'd be proud to own it but I'm WAY short on cash

Last edited by Red Stripe; 02-08-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:13 AM
Registered

I`ve been there too. Had a South African all ready to wire funds after 2 months of e-mails and pics and testimonials from the service techs. he tells me that their is a 40% hit at customs on the value of the boat not the purchase price. You thought he would have seen that comming if your lookin outa the country for a boat. So his agent was looking for a loop hole to bring it in under his corporate logo. I was to hear something Tues. but nothing as of Sat. I even took 4k off the price to offset shipping cost. 2001 22ZX DONZI still 4 sale with killer graphics and not a scratch on her.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:20 AM
Registered

That sucks, sorry to hear about that Joey, you do have a cool boat, what happened to you is the reason I traded in my h2x on a bigger boat, could have sold it outright and made more money, but I don't like to put up with crap like that, to many tire kickers out there, hang in there
Mark

Quick Reply: I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I"M A SUCKER!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.