Notices

Major viruses emails....

Old 02-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Major viruses emails....

Tres got on the computer this morning to check his emails and he had recieved one from Qbe***[email protected], it said Spice girl vocal with pics attachements. I was sitting next to him and saw that, we reported it to aol spam. Then I checked my emails, I had recieved two emails with pics attachements, they were from boat businesses but nothing was written, only pics. I reported them to aol also. But the one that freaked me out is the one with my email address that did not come from me!!! You know from one aol member to another, when you receive an email it does not say @aol.com, right? Well this one did...I am waiting to hear from aol, hopefully they can tell me where it came from!!

JM94

Old 02-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Registered

Aol is the scurge of the internet. Expensive too.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:46 AM
Registered

Try this free Mailwasher Program I use it and it will catch a virus before you down load to your pc. It also bounces unsolicited email back to the sender so it looks like your email is invalid and take you off their list. I use it and it woks great, however as with alot of programs I don't know if it works with AOL mail.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Unhappy

Yikes, let us know!!
Old 02-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Banned

Default reported to aol...

aol has a report spam! we did, now how can someone send Tres an email with my own email address, if I was not sitting next to him to see that he would of opened it and BANG!! here comes big trouble!! I don't get it....
JM94

waiting to hear from aol...
Old 02-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

JM,

I had recieved the spice girls email also including the virus We have a Noton anti virus program but it couldn`t delete it. It did quarrantine the virus to "temporary internet files"

Does the quarrantined virus go away when you delete your temporary internet files?

Hope to meet you guys at the show,

Kurt.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:41 AM
Registered

If you use mail washer you will see it and delete it or bounce it before it ever hit's your mail......give it a try. It has caught a few virus's and saved me.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an FYI on mail washer.

Q. Which mail protocols does MailWasher support?
A. At this stage only POP3, Hotmail and MSN are supported. I may introduce support for MAPI and certain web based accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL if there is enough demand.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I use mail washer to clean out my Hotmail! Great tool!
Old 02-09-2003, 10:15 AM
Banned

Unhappy this is giving me chills...

I just spoke to an AOL advisor, this is scary guys! The spice girls virus went to racintres Tres's email from Qbe***[email protected], normally it only say Qbe**url ME! The reason we caught it is that emails from aol members to another aol members does not show the domain. And I hate spice girl!!!

Then listen to this, I received two emails from two different businesses with zip files only! They came from [email protected] Subject was Honey...and [email protected] Subject was Promised....I looked at the path, it came from [email protected]. Aol did mentioned to me that they were junkmails with viruses and inapropriate pictures. They are investigating...I saved them both.
Now it does not mean that it came from these two companies, but someone is using them, to cause troubles...

Biggus,
You need to report this to aol also. [email protected]

JM94

We will see you at the boat show, and stop by the shop..

Last edited by JM94; 02-09-2003 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Major viruses emails....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.