Notices

OT-Question for GM techs

Old 02-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 983 Likes on 498 Posts

yea....and dont forget about those glove box metering valve's sticking!!! :P

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:00 PM
cartman

Cord check your fuel pressure it should hold even when the pump stops running if it drops off you have internal leak some where. presurise the fuel system by running the pump key on engine off and check fuel pressure should be 55 to 60 psi then crimp off the return line and feed at the rubber part of the line underneath then with the system pressurised see if it holds pressure. If the pressure goes down with both clamped off your leak is under the intake possibly craked fuel lines to the spider commonly missed. if it holds with them clamped off your leak is in the tank posibly a fuel dampner which is between the pump and sender I always replace them with a pump because they leak. Also is the pump priming the fuel rail called a 2 second run? I am not figuring in pump and spider because they have been replaced. let me know if you need any more info it's hard to explain here. Are you shure its a fuel problem? check spark coil wires are common also.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year s-10? Sounds electrical to me. How about the fuel pump relay??
Old 02-27-2003, 07:08 AM
Offshore Addiction

maybe playn might be kinda correct,I had a 944 that would start and go to work and run fine,but if it got extremly cool or extremly hot out that ***** wouldnt start for nothin,no fuel pressure,they took the pump out and checked it over and over again,gotta love those car dealers,the dealers answer was that I bought a porcshe and there not suppose to start all the time,so while I was over in daytona that som***** wouldnt run,had it towed to a garage that a freind of mine used to work at and they dug deep into the car and found everthing working fine,started right up,but the guy wasnt stupid and finally found the fuel pump relay had a burnt terminal in it and when it got hot or cold that terminal wouldnt make contact,he soldered that bad boy up(coundnt get any parts on late saturday) and it never did it again....ended up gettin rid of it finally after a dope dealer rented a house across from mine and his customers kept runnin into the rear quarter panels,nothin like gettin up at three in the mornin with some guy a f-up with no insurance......now I own that house to!!!!

Old 02-27-2003, 07:55 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had previously replaced the relay, just on a whim. It hasn't made a difference. I'm thinking that I need to install some sort of test equipment so I can try to track this thing. Maybe jury rig up a pressure gauge and a amp meter.