Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Profile or Bayliner

Old 03-04-2003, 03:01 PM
SPWilson

Tom McCann or Payless?

Old 03-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've personaly seen Profiles being built and I've met the owners of the company. Don't start this and not finish it.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree, I can't wait till boating season starts, to much B.S.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Tom McCann

I can finish this. I sold my brand new profile. I can speak from experience. I bought a brand new profile in 1996. I used it for one season and it needed alot of work. I dont want to slam profile becauses he is just a guy who likes boats and is trying to make a living, but I can not excuse the behavior of Randy Shultz when I personaly spoke to him on the phone about the problems with my boat. When I told him about the problems with the boat he statred to use profane language towards me and blamed me and everyone on the east cost that owns a profile that it was our fault with the problems. He also gave me details about the relationship between him and my dealer that I needed not to hear. In short he would not back his boat and I had to have my dealer arrange to fix the boat locally. Pretty good for a boat I bought brand new with a 5 year hull warranty. I should of just bought a used boat and took a chance. I was not the only one with problems with profile. There were 6 other people in my area that bought them and all of them had hull problems. Sorry to seem so digruntled about the situation but you know what, I am a very fare person and easy to get along with if that phone call I made to Randy went differantly I would not be so negative towards profile.

Old 03-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tom McCann
I can finish this. I sold my brand new profile. I can speak from experience. I bought a brand new profile in 1996. I used it for one season and it needed alot of work.
After this long you are still need to bring this up now?
Old 03-04-2003, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When did this phone call take place?
Old 03-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 140 Likes on 85 Posts

The only boats I've ever owned that didn't need a "little something" here or there were my Boston Whalers and my Formula.

I'm not talking about inevitable mechanical issues that pop up (we ARE talking about boats), but in areas of quality of construction, rigging, fasteners, paintwork, glasswork, upholstery, etc., the only things that have ever needed fixed on either of these boats has been mechanical stuff or things that I or another has broken.

Correct Crafts, Wellcrafts, Sea Rays, Ebbtides, Gibsons, Nauta-Lines, DriftRCruise, Harris, Bullet, Winner, Mirage, they've all had their share of issues. That doesn't mean they are junk. It also doesn't mean that they're not junk. It just means they're boats.

None are the same.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Tom McCann

The only reason I brought it up was because someone asked me about Profile. You sound like you own one. The only people not talking about it are ones that own them and are trying to get rid of them. Really, they are that bad. Im sorry, but I got on the subject and that phone call comes back to me. All he needed to say was I will stand behind my boat and correct the problem, not @#$% you its your problem and blame me and every one on the east coast for the problems.

Old 03-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Tom McCann

Im not saying all boats are equal. I'm saying if the manufacture had some p&r savvay I would probly own a Profile today. I couldnt afford but a 26 back then, Now I can purchase anything Profile offers. But because of that phone call I will never look at another one. That goes for all boats, If they dont have good customer service they got nothing. If the owner of the company has an attidude like that what are the people working for him like. I cant wait till boating season

Old 03-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Roy

What do you have for a ride now?

Quick Reply: Profile or Bayliner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.