Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
AutoMeter Marine gauges---Coming soon! >

AutoMeter Marine gauges---Coming soon!

Notices

AutoMeter Marine gauges---Coming soon!

Old 03-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AutoMeter Marine gauges---Coming soon!

I have always been a fan of Gaffrig and Mike Livorsi. His products and service have been second to none. They will build you any gauge you want in any color you want and at decent prices.

What many people don't realize, is that AutoMeter has been building Gaffrig gauges for nearly 10 years. It has often been rumored, but I've confirmed it...and this is not meant as a dig at Livorsi, or Gaffrig...I still think that they are GREAT products and offer GREAT service...

So why am I telling you all this? Because I just got off the phone with the wonderful people at AutoMeter who have been working with me for about a week now and who will be building a special gauge for me...

A 7000 RPM tachometer with a built in hour meter...in the Ultra Lite series! In my opinion, this is one sweet guage and it is built for marine use. I intitially wanted a 2 1/16" hour meter in the Ultra Lite configuration, but they simply cannot do it as they use Hobbs guages and their Ultra Lite bezel will not fit. Their solution was to offer the hour meter in the 3 3/8" tachometer...which I thought was a score!

So...in my conversations with the great folks at AutoMeter, I find out that they will soon be coming out with a full marine line...built for marine use and available in Ultra Lite and Carbon Fiber configurations...and I think this is great news! You can still use colored Gaffrig bezels and all the other great Gaffrig stuff, but now there's a new player in the marine gauge market...

I think their gauges are already proven and I can't wait to see them on the market. Thanks Auto Meter and best of luck!

Sean

PS...I don't mean to sound like a salesman...I honestly believe this is a great thing. And by the way, those two gauges cost me a mere 78 bucks a piece...

Last edited by Sean; 03-04-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Registered

It has come to my attention that in my irrational exuberance, I managed to spell GAUGES wrong on more than one occasion...I have since gone back...with a clear head...and corrected my errors...

Are you happy Wes???

I'm reminded of an Outerlimits that was done by some good friends of mine several years ago...it was called Awesome...and the first time I looked at it, I was in awe...until I looked at the switch panel...and bilge pump was spelled BILDGE PUMP. I laughed my ass off and tried to figure out a nice way to tell the boys...I couldn't...I just had to let 'em have it.

And no...I'm not perfect...I have a colledge education and spell words wrong all the time...
Old 03-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Byron

Who can I call for the Auto Meters, are they ready to purshase yet! I am building a new boat.

Old 03-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Auto Meater gauges...

Sean thats' not near as bad as a Tattoo artist I know spelled out in 4" in letters on some guys stomach.....SCARED ..... after it was finished his friend asked why "scared" turns out it was suppose to be SCARRED , the tatt dude said he never questions what people want he just lays the ink to em...

got a nice set of the carbon faced ultra lites for my pro streeter....they are sweet

wonder what the marine versions will cost???
Old 03-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I saw a boat a few years ago that had Autometer marine gauges. I think they might have dropped the line when Livorski picked it up.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its going to be tough to beat Livorsi. They have always been on top of things. Their in the business of selling marine gauges. This is going to take alot of work for AutoMeter.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:21 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on Battle Cry..... Autometer is the world leader in automotive gauges and like Sean said they have been building the Gauges for livorsi all along they will be great! at a good price. Did you ever look at the dash of a Winston Cup car?all Autometer I wonder why????becouse they are the Best.......cant wait!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:54 AM
Registered

I also think it will be tough for AutoMeter to compete with Livorsi...for the simple fact that Livorsi has mindshare...no one really knows that AutoMeter build Mike's gauges... I also think it's possible...Gaffrig is really the only choice out there right now, so there is room for competition.

So we know the quality is built in to the AutoMeter marine line...it's already been tested. The only obstacles that I see for AutoMeter is getting their name out there and distribution...but I'm sure they will figure that out...

They also already supply custom gauges(as they did for me)...Tres Martin uses alot of their stuff on his boats...

I think their timeline to market is about 6 months to a year...but son't quote me on that.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sean
[B]It has come to my attention that in my irrational exuberance, I managed to spell GAUGES wrong on more than one occasion...I have since gone back...with a clear head...and corrected my errors...

Are you happy Wes???

Geeeez , dude..I PM'd ya so it wouldn't be obvious.

Feel free to forward future postings to me for editing and spellcheck first...

I'll have to follow your lead with these gauges on the next boat.I always prefer when you try things first !!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 07:41 AM
Registered

Wes,

Now...will you hurry up and buy a Cigarette.

Sean

Quick Reply: AutoMeter Marine gauges---Coming soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.