Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help buying a house at the LOTO >

Help buying a house at the LOTO

Notices

Help buying a house at the LOTO

Old 03-11-2003, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

im down must every weekend, and there is a open invitation if the boat's in the slip stop on by. im across from milstone at the 6 1/2mm

mpally,
Not really but hey you never know, over the years we have looked at alot of different property down there but none have our view, and when im to old to get in a boat ill be able to watch them go by. because every boat on the lake goes to the dam at least once.
later
Old 03-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice Place, Later!!

One thing I have found to look out for in real estate at the lake is the amount of gravel road to the house from black top. Some places have blacktop to the door then other's have 13 miles of terrible gravel road. Also some have great parking in the back but you have a heck of a walk to the water, then others have bad parking and are right at the water. It's a give and take...
Old 03-11-2003, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

funhome

yeh i hear ya, im black top to the door no steep drive i tried to do all the steps gracefully so that there is no hard climbs, or first house had a terrible drive it was like taking the leap of faith you just hoped that the drive was there cause you couldnt see it and the walk to the lake was a chore especially with a cooler and you always forgot something and was making the trip again.

we missed you in miami this year
later
Old 03-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone has made valid points here. I have been looking for investment property at the lake for about a year. The main things that I look for is closeness to Shopping and Liquor, Dock Rights, Encapsulated Foam, Parking, Roads, Tolls, Total Inspection of the Property, How Many Steps to the Dock and Steepness of the Walk to the Dock, and How Cheap I Can Buy It For!

LOCATION IS EVERYTHING!

I also learned that the best deals are not found in the Real Estate magazines. I try to talk with people that enjoy buying and selling real estate. Some of them don't mind giving out info on where the deals are especially if you buy their dinner.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Love this board

Later - Wow,,, maybe someday I can move up to a place like that. Thats like a 5-star resort, does it come with servants?

The house, in question is a small 1400 square foot house (main floor) with a 3/4 finished walk out basement; another. The house was completely refurbished 4 years ago, vinyl siding, new central air, new dock, new deck. The house sits in a small VERY quiet, no wake cove. Retired couple that the owned it for 30 years.

If things go well this weekend, I might have some pictures.

The reason they are selling: their kids are grown, and they don't use it anymore. Oh, the front of the dock is sitting on dry ground right now, the Sutphen would have to come out of the water durring low water times.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

the advice given above is right on target!

my time at the lake is limited due to my profession, so i chose to go the condo route rather than the house. when i'm at the lake i want to enjoy my time there rather than perform maintenance and work. eventually as things in my life slow down, i could see myself with a house. in late july of last year, i bought a newly constructed 2 bedroom/2 bath unit at Stone Ledge. Last month i decided to buy a 3-4 bedroom/2 1/2 bath unit on the top floor. i put my 2 bedroom unit on the market, 10 days later it sold. i saw almost 10% appreciation in my property in less than 7 months. i'm not saying that every deal at the lake will be this perfect. i suggest taking your time with viewing several different properties, research the best accommodations that suit your needs, track the appreciation of property values in the neighborhood and talk to the neighbors about their likes and dislikes. there are always good deals out there, but finding them takes talent.

good luck in your search!

here is a portion of my view of the lake....you have to love the sunrises....

chad
Attached Thumbnails Help buying a house at the LOTO-calm_sunrise.jpg  
Old 03-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Steve_H

jawbreakerkid , beautifull view

what mile marker is Stone Ledge and if you dont mind me asking , how much are the yearly maintenance fees?
ide rather have a condo but the resale scares me.
appears i need to do more homework about them.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by lotoparty
jawbreakerkid , beautifull view

what mile marker is Stone Ledge and if you dont mind me asking , how much are the yearly maintenance fees?
ide rather have a condo but the resale scares me.
appears i need to do more homework about them.
Lotoparty- Stone Ledge is located at the 20.5MM. maintenance fees run approx $1.32/sq.ft./yr. my new place is approx. 1,600sq.ft., so it is $176.00/mo.

Click Here to check it out....

JJ- i think i remember you drinking enough absolute one night that you passed out on my couch when the sun was coming up!!!

jbk
Old 03-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

the second week they licked their nuts
Big E, if I could do that, I'd never have reason to even leave the house!
Old 03-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Big E

Originally posted by Budman
Big E, if I could do that, I'd never have reason to even leave the house!

Budman - looking at your avator you can do that! I hear you though, if I could do that I wouldn't leave either.

Jawbreakerkid - I am right around the corner from you, at Heron Bay. I have a top floor unit, lots of steps but the view makes up for them. You need to give me a holler when you go down this spring or summer, my wife and I are always looking for new people to drink beer with. Eric

Quick Reply: Help buying a house at the LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.