ONE DESIGN (BAT BOATS)
34.44%
PX UNLIMITED BABY!
11.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Pick The Top 4 APBA Classes

Old 03-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Jeff

To get the major tv time they should have only pro 2 classes. Like NASCAR, you don't see the local Sat. night late models on prime time tv do you, and those cars come in on Semi- transporters, they are big money race cars, with bigger sponsers than boat racing, but Joe public doesn't want to watch them. Two Pro classes would improve the quality of watching and understanding the sport. But there are too many people making money , or say trying to make money in some way or another to let that happen. Ok let the games begin, before you start throwing stones my boat was one of 2 that the apba started the px class, so careful now, my pleasure boat can probly beat race boat.

Old 03-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rick !!!!!!!!!!

For now I am just doing Poker Runs and the "Smile Child America Tour". As for racing not for the moment since I am selling the "Batboat", if the boat is not sold by the end of the season I will be force to go back and defend both the National and World titles.

Photo by RiverGirl
2002 APBA/UIM World Championship in Key West
Attached Thumbnails Pick The Top 4 APBA Classes-keywest-2002-christiesp4-13-.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Santiago; 03-18-2003 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:15 AM
Registered

looks like they are calling SVL2 just SV...so SVL would be the singles. a bit easier for the fans... right now the APBA Offshore is saying the "six" premier classes...not the "15" prior to Offshore.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Rick#29

Originally posted by audacity
looks like they are calling SVL2 just SV...so SVL would be the singles. a bit easier for the fans... right now the APBA Offshore is saying the "six" premier classes...not the "15" prior to Offshore.
Thats great for all teams in the new Super V class,As for you doc that a good cause Smiles Child America Tour,I'd wish MMS would state the true facts about what you are doing they say your racing the batboat all year, I thought that was not true,I seen you had it for sale, Thats why I ask you to give all us OSO member the true answer from the Champions mouth,That would be you DOC,Have a great year see you in Key West, Thanks.

Old 03-19-2003, 01:45 AM
WATERBOY2

The next logical step would be to eventually make SCL the premier cat class.Super Cat is awesome but it seems way too expensive to consistently draw solid fleets of boats.

PRO CLASSES
Super Cat ...Vortec/Merc
Super Vee
Super Vee Light
Factory 2
Factory 1

SPORTSMAN CLASSES(P-Classes).......anything and everything else.The number of Sportsman Classes really dosent matter, and can even vary from region to region if necessary.The goal should be to attract as many participants as possible by focusing on affordability and fun.The Sportsman Classes should also serve as a feeder system to the Pro Classses as well as providing another day of racing for the fans at national events.

Old 03-19-2003, 07:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default IROC Class

Thank you all for all the votes.

I personally was a huge fan of the IROC style racing that One Design now provides. A true test of Driver vs Driver and Throttleman vs Throttleman. The only class where the Super Cat talent can go Head to Head with the Super Vee talent and Head to Head with the Factory talent. All in equally prepared boats that they don't even have to own.

Names like Todd Klindworth and Tres Martin (Team Virgin), Nigel Hook and Steve David (Lucas Oil/Citgo), Jim Arvis (Mountain Dew), Boomer Hukari and Kyle Dietzen (Formula), Bob Eubanks (Tysted Styx), Richard Granville (Warlock), Bobby Fisher, Eric Treadwell, and the list goes on and on.

One Design is also the only offshore class also available in the UIM and will provide for true international competition in 2003 and beyond.

One Design also serves as a great test and opportunity for someone interested in getting into offshore racing - without having to invest in equipment or wonder if the guy next to him is out spending him. And full training for those interested in learning to compete offshore.

Just my .02
Old 03-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris - You and your team have done a great job of getting the One Design program off the ground. Although I haven't drive a One Design boat, I own a 28-footer and can attest to the unique and forgiving nature of these hulls. My observation of your boats is that everybody that has ever driven one has had nothing but very positive comments about them. See you in Cincinnati.

The big cats and vees are awesome, but they're expensive, too....
Old 03-23-2003, 09:19 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You gotta love those Factory Classes!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 02:54 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Top 4 APBA classes to watch (in no particular order)

1. AOH
2. COH
3. Unlimited Lite/Grand Prix Hydro
4. Champ Boat.....

Surely, you didn't mean Offshore classes? ............ as a spectator activity?.................... Now, that's what I call funny...

T2x
Old 04-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Registered

t2x, without a little humor where would we be

Quick Reply: Pick The Top 4 APBA Classes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.