Notices

Nort's corner gas station.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nort's corner gas station.

And why????

If the gas companies actually had an increase in thier costs starting today, that fuel wouldn't show up at your local station for another month or more. They are just gouging and raising the price for fuel that's already in the ground. This is where the goverment needs to step in. This is a monopoly that needs to be controlled.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Registered

$147.44 to fill the Excursion tonite..........
Attached Thumbnails Nort's corner gas station.-aug31_001.jpg  

Last edited by Back4More; 09-01-2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:44 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jesse James
I dont think it would hurt Just plain crazy......I filled up my truck at noon and then used the girlfriends durango to run a errand with since I was blocked in and thought I would be nice and top it off for her thats when the 2.99 stung me...

I have been boat shopping pretty hard and have it narrowed down to 2 boats that have big block blower motors (old race boats that need to be converted....cant stand to wait anymore to save for the mti..) but I keep going back to how nice it was to run that 28 skater all weekend on 70 gallons maybe the 28 could hold me over for a couple seasons til the mti is more feasable or some pre-owned ones start popping up.....I keep hoping the guy will turn lose of the original virgin boat that is just sitting but no avail..

I keep cringing at 1k a weekend for fuel that is about 16-20 a summer

anybody need to refinance
we saw the virgin boat just sitting last week as well... would make a great project boat....
Old 08-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
And why????

If the gas companies actually had an increase in thier costs starting today, that fuel wouldn't show up at your local station for another month or more. They are just gouging and raising the price for fuel that's already in the ground. This is where the goverment needs to step in. This is a monopoly that needs to be controlled.
Government has stepped in and taken action. Bush urges everyone to pray and give to hurricane charities, has talked to GHWBush and Clinton to drum up support around the world, the gov't is talking to cruise lines to bring boats in to house people. He also could appeal to the oil companies to hold their prices in the nations time of need, given that they are shattering profit records every single quarter due to higher and higher prices at the pump. But on the gouging that's going on at gas stations everywhere today, you get the GW quote of the day -""But our citizens must understand this storm has disrupted the capacity to make gasoline and distribute gasoline," the president said."

He may as well have said to his "base", "Go get em boys!!"
Old 09-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This morning in Atlanta:
Attached Thumbnails Nort's corner gas station.-6dollar-fuel.jpg  
Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

And why????

Actually that's wrong.....a friend of mine (HavasuCig) owns 3 gas stations and he gets a new load of gas every week. The tanks don't last that long at all. They also pay for the gas before it's put into their station tanks.
I do agree that this is getting out of hand and is friggin crazy!!
Old 09-01-2005, 11:13 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And why????

it isn't what they paid for it that dictates the price at the pump, its what its worth, its a publicly traded commodity that rises and falls everyday and the pump prices reflect that.... when the commodity is stable, prices are stable, when the commidity is swinging 30-90 cents a day, so will the pump price.... now if the commodity hadn't changed in the past few days and gas prices went up, then i would call it a monopoly, but since the futures cost jumped radically, the pump will follow.... just how the market works...
Old 09-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Registered

08-29-2005

This was Monday morning.......
Attached Thumbnails Nort's corner gas station.-last-week.jpg  
Old 09-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we hit the equivalent of 4.37 USD for a US gallon of regular here today
Old 09-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be willing to pay what I had to for fuel today, I CAN'T FIND DIESEL within an hour of my house today

Quick Reply: Nort's corner gas station.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.