Nort's corner gas station. >

Nort's corner gas station.

Notices

Nort's corner gas station.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aquafun
just topped up the tank in upstate Poole $10.59 but I did get an extra 0.2 of a gallon more per gallon and their is talk of $11 soon road price, even more for marina, their is an alleged fuel blockage planned within the next few weeks...next door neighbour just brought a donkey... just in case
diesel now around $11.70-12.00+ not good at all

...WHAT?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered

$12 per gallon... Yow! Yet another reason I'm glad I don't live in Europe! I couldn't afford it!

Here's the Chevron at Bristol and Campus (at the SW end of the runway at John Wayne airport). Not the best picture, but you get the idea... Diesel is $4.59/gallon there.
Attached Thumbnails Nort's corner gas station.-gas-station-irvine-campus.jpg  
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
June 16th, 2008

One week and 16 cents/gallon more (premium)! Diesel is holding............for now.

About five minutes after this picture.......I head on to work after filling up and someone at the next signal side slams me, I motion to them to make the turn and pull over, cross in front of a bus at the corner and I pull over.........then they took off! Friggin hit & run!

I was WTF!!! I did a U turn, tried to find them.....but gone! I came back to the corner where it happened....all pissed off. I was on the phone with my insurance broker...."did you get a license number".....uh, no! Bummer!

Just then a guy in a wheelchair knocked on my window......I figured, great! This guy want's some change or something and I'm not in the mood!! I motion "not right now".....and he knocks again. I put down the window and the Laker jersey wearing wheelchair dude says "Man....that sucks that they took off........do you want the license plate number?"
I was stunned! The guy was on the bus that I pull in front of, saw the incident, saw the person take off and wrote down the number!

My newly crappy day just got a whole lot better! Anyway.....contacted the police, they came and made a report and we'll see what happens! Two doors, a quarter panel and a rim.
Dude that SUCKS but the guy is probably in a haze from the BEATING you guys took. I have not seen a beating like that since Rodney King!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel for you nort...My wife got rear ended in her new car...still had paper plates and the dude ran. She got the licenses # and police took the report. Now insurance say that it will not be uninsured motorist because we got a license# so we have to pay the $500 ded. Next time i will play stupid....%^&&^%$%^ insurance
Old 06-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquafun
just topped up the tank in upstate Poole $10.59 but I did get an extra 0.2 of a gallon more per gallon and their is talk of $11 soon road price, even more for marina, their is an alleged fuel blockage planned within the next few weeks...next door neighbour just brought a donkey... just in case
diesel now around $11.70-12.00+ not good at all
Ouch...We have friends from Dorset that come here to Cape Coral for six months a year. Now I know why they go out on their boat almost everyday while their here.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

JUNE 18, 2008

ORLANDO @ Semoran Blvd.
Attached Thumbnails Nort's corner gas station.-june-08-005.jpg  
Old 06-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lawdocx3
Ouch...We have friends from Dorset that come here to Cape Coral for six months a year. Now I know why they go out on their boat almost everyday while their here.
Yes their are a number of people from my area that have a place in Florida cheaper prices in general and a fair amount of sunshine generally do the trick for most Uk people, and I always find most Floridians very friendly....... although as shown in this thread obviously it is frustrating for them to see gas prices escalating in the USA as well as back home, but taken in consideration to Europe and especially the Uk gas is still cheap in the USA...on Tuesday this week some garages charged £1.99 per liter for regular gas due to a shortage that's over an incredible £9.00 per gallon and at roughly $2 too the £1 it's closing in on $20 for a gallon luckily for the Uk most cars are between 1 and 2 LTR with 30% of cars diesel for the extra mileage that can be gained but non the less it is driving our economy into recession as shop prices increase and inflation starts to climb...all I can say is roll on a holiday in sunny Florida with gas at only $5 per gallon I might even be able to afford to go boating at that price
Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered

June 16th, 2008

One week and 16 cents/gallon more (premium)! Diesel is holding............for now.

About five minutes after this picture.......I head on to work after filling up and someone at the next signal side slams me, I motion to them to make the turn and pull over, cross in front of a bus at the corner and I pull over.........then they took off! Friggin hit & run!

I was WTF!!! I did a U turn, tried to find them.....but gone! I came back to the corner where it happened....all pissed off. I was on the phone with my insurance broker...."did you get a license number".....uh, no! Bummer!

Just then a guy in a wheelchair knocked on my window......I figured, great! This guy want's some change or something and I'm not in the mood!! I motion "not right now".....and he knocks again. I put down the window and the Laker jersey wearing wheelchair dude says "Man....that sucks that they took off........do you want the license plate number?"
I was stunned! The guy was on the bus that I pull in front of, saw the incident, saw the person take off and wrote down the number!

My newly crappy day just got a whole lot better! Anyway.....contacted the police, they came and made a report and we'll see what happens! Two doors, a quarter panel and a rim.
So how did the story end? Did they catch the guy?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

June 16th, 2008

I was rammed by a hit-and-run driver. The highway patrol didn't do a damn thing, and I got the license number, a description of the person who hit me. They said they only investigate if there are injuries. No wonder we have so many hit-and-runs in So. Cal. This is another example of a state that coddles the scumbags of the earth, and taxes the good people without giving them any services.

Michael

The Liberal's definition of "rich" - anyone with a job.

Last edited by Michael1; 09-17-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered

July 17, 2008
This was the peak diesel price this summer.
Attached Thumbnails Nort's corner gas station.-2008-07-17.jpg  

Quick Reply: Nort's corner gas station.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.