Notices

Hollywood left’s genius

Old 03-17-2003, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down Hollywood left’s genius

I copied this and felt I would share it

One might think that the Hollywood intellects who hurl their venom at the president must be very well educated themselves. Well, let's take a look:

Let's begin again with Hollywood's current number one bigmouth, George Clooney. Clooney, of course, is a self-appointed expert on American foreign policy. Mr. Clooney must be a true scholar, a man of letters, an intellect of stature. No, it seems that George Clooney "attended" Northern Kentucky University. ("Attended" or "educated" in a celebrity's biography is code for "dropped out.")

Then there is the wannabe president, Martin Sheen, who apparently has come to believe he holds a Ph.D. and is a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize like the character he portrays on "The West Wing." But, alas, poor Martin flunked his college entrance exam to get into the University of Dayton.

Another outspoken critic of the Bush policy who has cast aspersions on the president's intelligence is former MASH star Mike Farrell. Mr. Farrell "attended" UCLA.

Barbara Streisand, one of the most vicious assailants of the president, "attended" high school. No mention of college in Bab's bio.
Susan Sarandon's official biography brags that she "graduated from Edison High School in Edison, New Jersey where she was a cheerleader." Feel free to make up your own jokes.

Sean Penn, who embarrassed himself so badly with his unintelligible verbal report upon his recent return from Baghdad, lists absolutely nothing for education among his credits. My guess is he dropped out.

Janeane Garofalo, another condescending critic of Mr. Bush's brainpower, "attended Madison High School in Madison, New Jersey." No word on whether she actually got a diploma.

Ben Affleck dropped out of the University of Vermont after one semester, then dropped out of Occidental College after one year. Interestingly, his bio says he studied Middle Eastern studies.

Cher dropped out of high school.

Michelle Pfeiffer "attended" one year at Golden West College.
This is not to say that one is required to have a list of degrees behind one's name in order to be considered a success in life. We all know people who have done very well in their chosen fields without a college degree or even a high school diploma.

The point here is that there is an entire group of pampered people who make their living pretending to be someone else, who belittle our president's intellect because they don't like his politics, and that truly is a disgrace from a bunch of Know-nothings!
Old 03-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve.......why don't delete this and go post that on a news board. This is OSO (supposed to be about boats, boating, and bikini's).
Old 03-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gee Nort thought it would go nicely with your Gas post. Don't you??
Old 03-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Registered

Nope......gas pricing has to do with boating, hollywood star education does not. Gotta fill up my boat before the weekend.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LOL your Gas is appreciating in your tank!
Old 03-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Them's stars stoopider than I thinked.

But hell, since they can't cut it in the real world and even get a degree, they'd make perfect democrats. Figures.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Them's stars stoopider than I thinked.

But hell, since they can't cut it in the real world and even get a degree, they'd make perfect democrats. Figures.

I guess Bill Gates and I can't cut it in the real world.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone has the ability and write to voice their opinion. They just have to be prepaired for the back lash that what they say could effect their carreer. Sean Penn IMO went a little to far however and I wish that when he came back we just sent him back to Iraq. Take a look at what happened to the Dixi Chicks the other day. They make their stand on stage to the crowd and it goes over well, then they get off the stage and take a look at their web pages and see that they are getting slammed. Some backed them up for having a spine but then comes to find out as soon as the almighty dollar was waved in their faces (read publicist says retract that of your career is over), they caved. IMO these guys are just saying what they think is the cool in thing at the time. It seems however that as of late public opinion is swaying towards war being the thing to do and I am sure we will see these guys go back into their holes and hide for a while.

Jon
Old 03-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I enjoyed the info STEVE1
Keep up the good work
Old 03-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have said it many times-think of the "drama people" in your high school. They were mostly drop outs and rejects. The "stars" of today are either lucky, good looking, or related to someone already famous(George Clooney, Nic Cage). They have no right to be treated any differently than any other citizen. If I call all the newspapers and say I have something to say about the war-no one will show up. The same should happen when Martin Sheen does it. If not,then let's go for true equality-if one of the Glitterati wants to spout off for an hour,then an average Joe should be given the same attention for the next hour. As for the Dippy Chips I have even less respect for her now that she has done a semi-retraction. As I said before-if she really feels that bad, let her drag her sorry butt into an Arena in Houston or Dallas and make the same statement, then be prepared to deal with the consequences. All these people are chickensh*t wannabe 60's hippies, there is no courage in protesting war from the back of your freekin limo

Oh crap, now Peter Jennings is gonna tell us how to feel about the war

Quick Reply: Hollywood left’s genius

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.