Notices

Catmando where are you

Old 04-11-2003, 08:26 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Lucididee2
Damn, you guys are rough on the Cat. But, with him gone now, it leaves you no-one to really rag on. He did know how to get some of you guys going. Plus it raised your posts pretty quickly. You guys are making him out to be a Hitler. Personally, well at least in the chat room, he never spoke a bad word about any one of the members hear, just voiced his opinion quite strongly, as others do here too. I don't know what he did, and I don't care what he did. All I know is that I will miss him on this board.
L2- I agree with you 100%. As I said earlier, he was always nice to me and I will miss him a GREAT deal. He helped me with a lot of questions I had while I was looking for a boat. I think he had a good heart.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:29 AM
Registered

I agree 100% Everyone has the right to voice or type their opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it.....but i'm not going there on here. Wardey
Old 04-11-2003, 08:29 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I like Cat......even if his political views are screwy...he respects performance boats and innovation and participates with a pretty decent and enthusiastic mindset ...........

Basically, I wish he would come back and check his Democratic National Committee pablum at the door.

T2x
Old 04-11-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered

blah, blah, yadda, yadda,,,,,,,,ttt
Old 04-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Registered

I would like to see him back
He is very entertaining
Old 04-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Awe...Now go easy on the ole Cat!

I could say some choice words about his beliefs but they are his and will be his own reward!

I agree with Too Old once again!....We will be a little less without him......A little
Old 04-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Uncle Toys

Too Old & T2x, I guess I finally disagree with you two. Although you are both worthy of praise as diplomats, I believe you are missing the bigger picture. The bottom line for me is – there is no place or use for mean-spirited people on the board.

This board has always been about individuals with the same basic sickness (boating, speed, etc) to come together to share. Baiting and taunting people into fuzzy-headed psychobabble debates is not fostering the collegial environment we all seek!

Old 04-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UT is right on the money.

Many of catmando's posts seemed to be aimed at stirring up controversy on subjects not even remotely related to boating. I often wondered why he ever came here in the first place since he didn't even own a boat until recently...

I am no fan of censorship, but in my opinion removing him from the board was a wise decision...and while I enjoy spirited debate, this guy just seemed to bring out the worst in people. The board is far better off with him gone...

Sean
Old 04-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Registered

"collegial" good choice of words Uncle T. However Catmando does own a boat, I own a boat, and you own a boat. Does that not make us colleagues? And "baiting"? Perhaps. I'm not so sure he did much taunting though. Oh yeah "mean-spirited" I didn't see that quality in him either. The mean-spirited people were some(I say"some" not all) of the ones replying to his posts. Some of the metaphors being used to describe the man(by some) were just short of threatening.
I wouldn't be surprised if he received threatening PMs from "some".
this guy just seemed to bring out the worst in people. The board is far better off with him gone...
Sean, this should read "this guy seemed to bring out the true colors of the worst people. These are the people who should be gone" My $.02
The really heated threads were down in the "Current Affairs" section. Do people go there for boating related threads? I doubt it.
Brian
Old 04-11-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

Found Him!!!
Attached Thumbnails Catmando where are you-219.jpg  

Quick Reply: Catmando where are you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.