Notices

OSO's Most Wanted!

Old 04-22-2003, 07:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb it's everywhere

There are crooks everywhere in the hig performance boating group. I had a local guy here - Lake Lanier - that took $ 1500.00 up front to rebuild a 502. (7) months later I got the motor back - NOT COMPLETED - and he had replaced/ STOLEN my oil cooler with a cracked one and stole other parts. When I got the motor rebuilt by a qualified mechanic the OLD CRACKED oil cooler milked up the oil! Thanks Tony you POS! Ahhhhh I feel better - BH
Old 04-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did he ever use the name bruce wheeler.one of my customers had a huge problem with him and had to get the cops involved to get his stuff back.this was in oxford ohio about 4 years ago
Old 04-22-2003, 08:05 AM
jddickinson

TRY BRUCE AT PEAK PERFORMANCE IN HIGH RIDGE MISSOURI.THE PHONE NUMBER IS 636-349-5857.HOPE THIS HELPS PINCH THE THIEF

Old 04-22-2003, 10:58 AM
mlitefan

Thanks everyone for the help. I know at one time Bruce helped quite a few on the board and was even the moderator of the technical forum here on OSO. I don't know what happened to him to make him turn, nor do I care. I just want my money back or I want him to sit in jail. Since I know I will never get the money, jail suits me just fine. He screwed a bunch of people here and my guess is it wasn’t the first scam he pulled and it will not be the last…until he is made to pay.

FYI...This "Bruce" is about 6'6" so he is going to be hard to miss...

Old 04-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I last spoke with Rob at Peak Performance about 4 weeks ago. I had been in regular contact with him regarding Bruce and was aware that Bruce had been doing some work there. Rob informed me that Bruce told him he would not be coming back to Peak since he did not want to be arrested. The detective had called Peak Performance a few times as well to inquire about Bruce. Rob had no additional contact information and was not expecting to see Bruce for some time. Rob stated that Bruce was working off some debts for machine work performed by Rob's shop.

We have also been in contact with a fiberglass shop in Bethalto. He had been showing up there until about 3 weeks ago. They have not seen him since.

The folks at State of Mind began denying any dealings with Bruce as of last year (soon after the accident). They were tired of people calling and asking about Bruce and what he was doing.

He stopped using his email account about a year ago. He has had 3 different phone numbers in the last 12 months. He had a pager, but has since turned that service office.

I have also been in contact with his father. His father states that he has not spoken with Bruce recently, he does not know where he lives, he does not know how to get a hold of Bruce, and he does not know who Bruce's lawyer is. He also stated that Bruce had or is about to file for bankruptcy. According to the detective, filing for bankruptcy after stealing money does not mean the charges will be dropped. If anyone knows how to do a search on public records in the St. Louis area, we could probably find the bankruptcy filing and get his lawyers name.

We are hoping that someone knows where he lives, or is "working", or sees his truck driving around the St. Louis area.
If so, please contact the detective with any information.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:17 PM
F2-34thrttleman

What a shame to see someone go so bad. i feel for you guys, but i am just in awe of how shi#ty things turned out with bruce. i raced a season while he was with the F1-08 team liquid last year, and he seemed like a good guy.

Nick Porter
F2-34 T-man