Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions? >

Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?

Notices

Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?

Old 04-28-2003, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with "Too Old" and "Battle Cry", lets not get anyone's panties in a bind. Let stay on subject and keep the pictures coming.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:48 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Todd
I spoke with you about this along time ago. Witch boat is this? A Seabird or Scorpion. I've seen other boats that they said were scorpion that were exactly like mine. Did you change the boat when you called it a 21 or was it still just 19. Mine is a converted IO boat. Does anyone have a copy of the old Scorpion logo they could post or email me? THANKS
Attached Thumbnails Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?-19yellow.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Registered

32 tempest
Attached Thumbnails Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?-tempest-32-1resize.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Registered

38 tempest
Attached Thumbnails Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?-tempest-38.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Registered

The Porsche designed and Tempest built 27
Attached Thumbnails Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?-tempest4.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 02:27 PM
searace

Scorpion
Active Thunder
Bad Boy
Viper
Seahawk
Tempest
Avance

All are related in one way or another except the Seahawk which started as a 27 Magnum bottom, wider chines(negitive draft) which require 2 hull molds split down the middle. Same boat was streched to 31, then 38. These are not to be confused with the 28 and 38' Phantoms. The 38 Phantom is where the first Scorpion 38' came from.

And, as if Don Aronow made originals. Most of what he built started from a 33' Cary, including the 41 Apache and 39 USA.

Curtis... I have a good therapist for you to talk to about your issues. Come on, what do we have to do to reduce that enormous chip on your shoulder. By the way, I have My PA in Emregency Pediatrics and a Masters in Naval Architecture from Florida Atlantic University... Education is a wonderful thing Curtis...you should try it some time

Ryan,

Seabird had a 19. Julio had one... it was a v drive actually. From that boat, the 21 was popped. now, to make matters more confusing, there was a 19' Scorpion, not related to anyone with the first, But..... I thought that boat looked more like a linder design...deeper v. The boat you have pictured looks like the seabird entry. Good question... If had to pic, I would say it was one of Julios 21's. I will dig through some stuff and get you that logo.... also, just about every 21 Scorpion built developed a slight delam at the entry apex... or about 6' fro the tip of the bow, following the keel line.. did this boat do that? By the way, I have a customer who wants to talk to you about some graphics... Call me if you get a chance.

Old 04-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by searace
[B]Scorpion
Active Thunder
Bad Boy
Viper
Seahawk
Tempest
Avance

By the way, I have My PA in Emregency Pediatrics and a Masters in Naval Architecture from Florida Atlantic University... Education is a wonderful thing Curtis...you should try it some time

Assumption makes an ass out you; and me I just rely on facts and create originals. Incidently El Gordo calls them Catera now. I'll try to find out which boat building company that you dont claim to have started. Maybe I'll ask Eric Froberg.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:48 PM
searace

We can go back and forth.... and waste alot of these peolpes precious time Curtis... but, for the sake of trying to resolve any difference you and I have between us, why dont you call me and we can deal with it dircectly. You polluted the Apache tread with this stuff, and now you are trying to do it again.. This is not the place or the time for you and I to deal with our personal problems... Call me and we will deal with what ever issue you have.... Thats the adult thing to do... Fair enough?

Old 04-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Activator can be added to that list as well!!

TOM
Old 04-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Todd
My boat was a volvo drive small block boat. I saw a V dive boat that was Identical to mine a few years ago in Miami. This boat has no core in the bottom and the strakes on both sides of the bow have been repaired. The deck is cored with ply wood. When I got the boat the were no bulkheads in the whole boat . It now has a 200 2.4 Mer and runs 70 on gps, great little ski boat also fun in 2 footers.
Attached Thumbnails Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?-yellowstrake.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.