Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions? >

Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?

Notices

Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?

Old 04-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

pic of new dash with 25 Talon throttle box.
Attached Thumbnails Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?-yellowdash.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

weird transom Indent. I added knees on the inside and 1/4 alum plated on the inside and out. Stainless marine Jack Plate and 12" stand off.
Attached Thumbnails Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?-yellowtransom.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Scorer83

I may be wrong, but I was told that Scorpion built there own molds from a Viper plug. Is someone stretching the truth here?

Old 04-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey mikea, any more pics of the 27', I remember seeing one of those in Fla for sale a while back, interesting boat, didn't they put turbines in some?, thanks...Matt
Old 04-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do believe that all of these boats we are talking about are the only offshore boats wuth a 25 degree bottom... same as the thread of 2 or 3 weeks ago requesting tempest info.
TOM
Old 04-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I have a 26 Bayliner Contessa is it popped from the same mold as all those other.........never mind

But seriously, is/was the Tempest made by the same company that made the big Tempests??? I saw a 42 overgrown sport boat with a huge cockpit and all the amenities and 2 Cat diesels a few years back in Baltimore. It was an 80's boat but it was pretty slick and looked like the perfect thing to buzz off to Bimini for a few days in.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:02 PM
searace

Ryan,

that is definately not a Miami Scorpion. Our boat had a linear fillet rig that went down the foredeck. It was about 6" wide and about 1.5" tall wrapping around the cockpit. The Miami Scoprion also had a "toe rail" built into the part that met the bow rib and followed the deck crest all the way back to the engine well. All miami scorpions were ob boats...with a molded in well. That is a good looking boat though... Im home now looking for that logo for you...

Fever Mike.. there are actually alot of differences. For one, while the deadrise may a constand number we all look at, the consistancy of the line that makes up the deadrise is quite another issue. In the original Cary design(33) the bottom is convex in the entry giving the boat more "bounce" through the waves. A boat like the sonic 38 (a decendant of the later Cary/ coyote/ jean claud simon designs) has a straight bottom, making it plow deeper into the waves, but giving a much softer ride. Other factors which affect the bottom are strake and or chine width, and the revese dead rise angle of those components.

The Corsa came from the Martini.

Old 04-28-2003, 07:06 PM
searace

Ted,

The 44' Tempest is from the same company. It started out as a 41' Corsa and was streched by a guy named Reagan Davis at the old Performer Plant in Dania, just north of Griffen Rd. Reagan was the brother in law to famed Nixon Atty BB Rabozzo... He built the molds until running out of $ and selling out to Simon who finished the project and created Tempest Marine

Old 04-28-2003, 08:39 PM
Scorer83

cashbrain - For once.I don't have an opinion
WHY DO I THINK THAT IS NOT TRUE!

Old 04-29-2003, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by fobes
Hey mikea, any more pics of the 27', I remember seeing one of those in Fla for sale a while back, interesting boat, didn't they put turbines in some?, thanks...Matt
Yeah they did produce this boat with turbines. I was doing some digging on this model a few years ago and I got a e-mail from Tempest about them. They were availiable with mercury, porsche or turbine power. I'll try to dig up the e-mail, I think I have it on another computer.
Attached Thumbnails Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?-tempest1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.