Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!! >

Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!!

Notices

Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!!

Old 05-19-2003, 03:44 PM
DEVIL MAN

Seahawk...glad to have you!!! Make sure and look me up and say hello!!!! Thanks for joining us.

DMan

Old 05-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go for broke gotta get there!! its worth it,,, went last year and what a blast,,make a mini vacation out of it take an extra day and do day trip to newport hang out and enjoy scenery and restaurants etc,, we did last year and made wife happy..
we entered again
hopefully boat will be done! yikes!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do u think from experience will be fogged in?? isnt it usually that way this time of year?
maybe we can sleep in,,??!!
beutyrest needed after sat night.. ouch in the am!! up till 3am get up at 6am,,
ok i'm a wimp! not 25 anymore,,,
Old 05-19-2003, 05:06 PM
DEVIL MAN

Chances of fog are greater in August!!! We have the typical early morning June haze...you never know. The Catalina Ski Race was moved to June this year in order to avoid the chances of fog like they had the previous two years.

160 boats at a three day party for boaters and you are thinking of sleeping???? Get your sleep during the week!

DMan

Old 05-20-2003, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dman-

Blah blah blah...........what are you talking about? You sound like a little buzzing bee making noise. "You would have your fenders out"...........as if you and poodle-bouy ever put them away ? Ha HA!!

Glad to see that you could finally make it to the Pre-Poker run meeting last night.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:52 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Dman:

Is the Marriott Courtyard close?
Old 05-28-2003, 07:52 AM
Registered

I thought it better to fall on my sword now than at the run.

We will not be bringing the bat boat to the poker run. Bummer, while testing yesterday we found a problem with the fuel system on the boat and need to pull the fuel cell to fix it. Given the cramped quarters of the cell it is a full day job.

The good news is we will still be there in the 28' Nordic (nice to have two boats), but all that earlier talk about kicking some 38' twin butt is null and void.

We will be there, but with our tail between our legs, and a much slower boat. Ohh well.

Rick
Old 05-28-2003, 08:58 AM
Registered

Yeah........I knew it was all talk! Fuel cell my a$$.

If it's only a full day's job.....DO IT TODAY! Then leave on Thursday. I bet you just don't want to run into another bat boat at the run, or even worse......DMAN!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered

This is why it is easier to fall on the sword online.

ATL cannot get me a replacement gasket until early next week or we would have it done.

Pound away, I deserve it. What do you mean leave on Thursday? I have a job and will not be leaving Sacto until Friday night. Cannot pay for all of these toys on good looks, I could not afford a McChicken on good looks.

Will there be another bat boat in attendance?

My father used to tell me to wait until after the a$$ kicking to talk trash, but I could not listen. Most likely will not make that mistake again until next time.

Keep the beating coming, just put on the iron jock for the below the belt pummeling that is sure to ensue.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:06 PM
DEVIL MAN

Rick...Sorry about the bat boat...I was looking forward to seeing it at the poker run!!! There will be plenty of time to kick our ass next year!!!! Glad to hear that you are still coming!!! Nothing wrong with the Nordic. Make sure and look me up!!!

Thanks Rick.

DMan

Quick Reply: Scope Poker Run...one Month To Go!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.