Lake George WE Demo run + Speed Run Pics

Notices

Lake George WE Demo run + Speed Run Pics

Old 05-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dag Nabit!!!!!!!
Thats all I have to say right now.
GLH, it was great meeting you and your family, hope to make it to your run later in the summer.
Excavator, as always a pleasure.
Shane thanks for the dock space.
OTIS311, once again came through with his high speed tow service. If it werent for Bob we really would have had a long night. As it was we didnt get the boats on the trailers until after 9pm which could have been 9am without your help.
Hot Boat, although a discuraging situation, it was impressive to see him get the boat together 15 minutes before the radar run and then tie GLH for first place. And when I say get the boat together, last weekend it had, no motor, no dash, no interior, nothing, nada, zip. Well in typical Hot Boat fashion he had half the motor broken down to see if there was an simple fix, like replace the main bearings while floating around in the middle of the lake or something. Hope it all works out and let me know what you need to get it running again.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:05 AM
Registered

Tantrum,

No problem on the slip. Had a GREAT time with you and Christine. Glad you made it home safe and sound. I left you a voice mail at the office this am, did you get it?

See you soon my friend.

Shane
Old 05-19-2003, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great pics GLH...thanks for sharing!

looks like you guys had a good time...nothing like some midnight mechanics

the cafe is lookin sweet too!
Old 05-19-2003, 09:11 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank You Sean
Old 05-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Just Say N2O

Great Pixs! Made me homesick.

Old 05-19-2003, 07:38 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Wow... looks like you guys had a great time!!! while you guys were playing, I was busy putting in and anchoring Boat slips!!! but all is finished now, and the phone calls to see if the docks are in will hopefully stop To bad to hear about the engine damage, hope it's just a valve, but unfortunately #8 cylinder is the thinest wall cylinder and most of the time it ends up being a crack wall I've sleaved quite a few #8 walls in my timeWish you the best of luck....
Hope to meet you guys this August 2 weekend on Champlain...
Old 05-19-2003, 08:57 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Smile

GL , great post . It was a pleasure to meet you and your family this weekend. We all had many laughs. I'm looking forward to doing it again. aside from the blown motor thing. :Rolexes:

I have to thank everyone for all getting together in the past two weeks to help me get the boat running. It was a group effort between Tantrum , Christine , Johnny Venomous, Chris 232, Shane, excavator, and GLH. I couldn't of done it with out your help. Thanks and thanks to otis311. for going out of his way to find us when we broke down and do a high speed tow in on plain at 28 MPH. your nuts

Now as for the motor. I decided to take a step away from the boat tonight, but that don't mean that I haven't stooped thinking about it. I come to this conclusion before I do the leek down test. There is no compression what so ever. so there is a big leek. there is no oil on the plug or exhaust , so the piston is intact. there is no loss of oil pressure. and oil is clean. there was a few droplets of water on the spark plug so I assume that I have a reversion problem and bent a valve. If that is the case this is an easy fix. I will have it back together shortly. but first I need to get a new exhaust system. All & all I am in good speirts, I been through a lot worse than this with the boat. I will keep you posted on what happened.

again thanks everyone for all your help and I'll be looking forward to seeing many of you at the NYC poker run in a few weeks.

Last edited by Hot Boat; 05-19-2003 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:07 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hopefully you'll have it runnin soon! I was imprest with your resolve and thanks for the help with the manual shifting trick, now all I need is to figure out forward and backwards. Man I'm a Dumb Canuck!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 09:08 PM
checkmate981

glh,
Nice pics.I saw your boat sunday ,Looks sweet.
Dave

Old 05-19-2003, 09:11 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I talked to you for a second on the docks I think, wasn't your boat in Hot Boat last month??? Nice to meet yahh!

Quick Reply: Lake George WE Demo run + Speed Run Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.