Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Oh yeah, I did get pulled over by the marine patrol Saturday..... >

Oh yeah, I did get pulled over by the marine patrol Saturday.....

Notices

Oh yeah, I did get pulled over by the marine patrol Saturday.....

Old 06-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at least you did not get a ticket, that would suck, the local's around here[sheriff, game warden, coast guard] are all pretty cool, and we dont have any noise laws in Texas
Old 06-16-2003, 07:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

WF:

Sounds like you boat by the book which is rare. With my new Sea Tow business I am kinda on the other side now. I had the director of the FBI in Atlanta w/ me on Sun and hooked up with all the Sheriff Patrol Guy's. Damn talk about a different scenario - haha. BH
Old 06-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by THEJOKER
WF:

Sounds like you boat by the book which is rare. With my new Sea Tow business I am kinda on the other side now. I had the director of the FBI in Atlanta w/ me on Sun and hooked up with all the Sheriff Patrol Guy's. Damn talk about a different scenario - haha. BH
"By the book" may not be entirely true.....I just try really hard not to do anything stupid. No sense ATTRACTING any attention. And before Troutly pipes in here, I have been known to do a stupid thing or two.....just not on the water!!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:20 AM
formulaF302

I know of one guy that got so pissed off about getting pulled over in Grand Traverse bay that his sold his house there and business down south and moved to Florida. On one outing alone he got pulled over by the sheriff, the DNR , and the Coast Guard all in the same evening. He was stone sober and trying to go out for a boat ride with his wife. Things are out of hand up there.....thats why I don't go thru Metropolitan Beach on Lake St Clair on a weekend either.....they just point out to any boat going by and randomly pull you over, do the safety inspection, harrass you and stick a PBT in your mouth...

Old 06-17-2003, 03:48 AM
Jeff

Foul come to fl, we always need new people to get pulled so we can do bad things on our way home from boating. just kidding, We have been dicked with out of state with FL #'s for nuthin' but to much tan, exhausts, stereo and we don't wave to watercops to keep from being pulled bS. I never paid there tickets and the hillbilly pa for the state gave up on our buddy's letters and phone calls,( we feel lucky I'm sure you can be real effed up there). a very pissed off basssterd lawyer in my boat telling them about something called PC, (not personal watercraft) plus we are are the type that just give finger not statements after we were given tickets and delayed searched and then so graciously let go and we went on with our day. LOTO, IS A JOKE COMPARED TO OUR LAKE MEXICO.

Old 06-21-2003, 04:40 AM
Registered

And I thought Pittsburgh was the only place with "River Nazis". The Coast Guard here doesn't mess with anybody unless you really ask for it but the State Fish and Boat Commission like to stop people constantly. So far I've been lucky but I do make sure I have all the required equipment. They even threw an out of state couple on vacation off the river because they did not have certificates to operate PWCs in Pa. There was one incident where a off duty officer threw the marine officer in the water because he was being a pain. The off duty officer was arrested but got the citation thrown out at court. The judge was sympathetic