Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Questions for you guys who own multiple boats? >

Questions for you guys who own multiple boats?

Notices

Questions for you guys who own multiple boats?

Old 06-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WickedWon, that is exactly what I am looking at. A 16ft. Express Cat with an o/b a fun little deathtrap on sponsons

Drop it in the water, scream around the lake a few times to make your passenger sh!t his pants and then take it home, hose it off, and throw it in the shop until you find time again

It would be great for the big Alum Creek Poker Run

Last edited by THRILLSEEKER; 06-26-2003 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:26 AM
Mad Hatter

Talk to Parnell Olson, Skater, stuphen, Cigarette play boy and a saber/apachi (tad pole?). Must be nice

Old 06-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have 2 also, that is why I am selling one... the Mastercraft just sits in the garage collecting dust... and it IS dusty right now. I have to clean it... ahh man, thanks for the reminder! I take the PowerQuest out almost exclusively.

Anyone interested in a 98 Mastercraft 30th aniversary boat? Fully loaded with 350 TPI Corvette motor (350 HP) dual axel trailer heater, shower, ALL the goodies! MAKE ME AN OFFER!
Old 06-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Uncle Toys

mcollinstn & Shane have the right idea - no one boat can do it all. I keep the Nautique around for the odd chance that I want to take kids out tubing or wake boarding, although it ends up that my brother-in-law uses it most of the time. I still keep the pontoon boat, just in case the the cat is down for maintenance or whatever. And the damn lake lice sit in storage for the once-a-year run in the shallows with my daughter. But the real bottom line is, this is our escape, screw the logic. You need that little corner of your mind that knows all I got to do is make it through this next meeting, deadline, project, whatever - and then I'm off to the lake!

Old 06-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Allan4

Thrill, I think you will find that alot of us have live's that revolve around water. Frankly, I cannot imagine not being on the water....it's just that important to me.

I have 2 boats. One is a Malibu Response LX Tourney ski boat. It is great for inland lakes and rivers and, obviously, skiing, which we (Itllfli) and I used to do a bunch of!!! But I have kept it because it serves a distinctly different purpose than the Outlaw. I have considered selling the ski boat, mostly becuase it gets little use (under 20 hours a years), but I also have a hard time parting with anything that can get me out on the water. It is a different type of boating all together, in a different location...but I have as much fun on that boat as I do the Outlaw.

We (my Dad's stuff) also have a potoon and sailboats and seadoos and a 20' Boston Whaler and so on....and they ALL serve there prupose and are used enough to justify keeping them.

If you can afford it (very important)and this is something you think you will enjoy.....GO FOR IT!!! Yes , it is very hard to find the time sometimes, but...as my buddy once told me about life...."this ain't no practice run..."

Have fun, enjoy life....two things you will never regret...and if that means buying another boat you can afford......do it. You can always sell it....

Old 06-26-2003, 11:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can never have to many boats!

I had a 37 OuterLimits, a 28 B-Class race boat, a family speed boat, at the same time up until 6 months ago (sold race boat) and used them all. Additionally, at the same time, I have a 36 Skater in production.

Enjoyning them all is a function of money and time. If you got both, like I said, can never have to many boats!
Old 06-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Registered

I had the same questions years ago. I wanted a small, single engine rocket ship to tear around on lake erie and a big old cruiser for overnight stuff. Then my friend said "Which one are you gonna take over to Kelleys?" Thats why I have what I have now. Id never be able to keep 2 boats clean and running anyway LOL.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

I would say to go for it! Every boat has a purpose. Here is my list:

45' Apache - For poker runs and pleasure

36' Canopied Gladiator - For Racing

22' Hydra Sport - Center Console For Fishing/Skiing

21' Chincoteague Scow - Flat bottom bay boat for fishing/hunting

18' Skiff - Flat bottom hunting boat

13' Whaler - Used for a portable duck blind setup

Yes, there are times when you wish you were in the other boat, but if it bothers you enough all you have to do is go home and get the other boat! Go get that other boat and I'll bet that you will have no regrets when screaming across the water in it!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Registered

we also have two boats, a Malibu behind our house that we use for teak surfing on the little lake and a BT for the great lakes, unfortunately we can't afford my dream boat the pontoon. It all makes perfect sense for living in MI where if you are lucky you get to boat about 3 to 4 months a year.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my case two boats is minimum; one for the wife and I, one for the kids and grandkids who like to ski, kneeboard, etc. We try to get both out together as much as possible. Just glad the other in-laws don't all want their own boats...

Quick Reply: Questions for you guys who own multiple boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.