Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Old 07-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Good News on the Press side:

Here is the response I got from the Enquirer reporter:

"Chuck,

Would you mind if I sent this on to our editorial page to be published in the letters section?

If so, plese send on your phone number so they can verify who wrote the letter.

Thanks for reading -- and those are some REALLY cool boats! -- Reid"

Needless to say, I'll send him my phone number to confirm everything. Look for it in the Cincinnati Enquirer soon. Glad most of you liked the letter. It's not so hard to write when it comes from the heart.

Don't worry about the "Cigarette" thing - I'm old enough to remember when people called a refrigerator a "Frigidair", and a vacuum cleaner a "Hoover". And most of use still call hot tubs Jacuzzis....

Last edited by C_Spray; 07-01-2003 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Allan4

Bouy, here are some e-mail addresses:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

This is pretty much the list Todd and I put together. I forgot to mention that Todd (bajaboat) is going with me tomorrow. Thanks as always Todd.

I was just told that Micheal Jordan will be on channel 5 news tonight at 11. You all may want to tune in.

Wild....thanks for the info. Last week I went thru 6 1/2 hours of depositions for a lawsuit, so I am kinda still in the "mode"...hahahahaha. I will do my best to avoid the spin, if it is presented.

C, great letter, great news. Thanks a ton for helping our plight. You certainly have provided a good vantage point and your help is greatly appreciated. I will mail you a copy of the paper when I get it.

Thanks guys, I'm happy to be helping the cause and we'll do our best for ya

How's that phrase go...."I'm just damn glad to be here....."...

Allan

Last edited by Allan4; 07-01-2003 at 10:25 PM.

Old 07-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Channel 5 did a good job of portraying us. Jordan did a good job this time as well a few comments like we take care of our boats like an antique car owner would, and the boaters he knows do not operate in a reckless fashion. Did he have to hire the girls though???????
Old 07-01-2003, 10:17 PM
Allan4

I just saw the news clip with Micheal Jordan. He did a nice job. This was much more along the lines of what we want to portray. I thought he did good and wish he would have taken this stance in the Post article. It would have saved alot of us some headaches and complaining....

See ya tomorrow guys.

Allan

Old 07-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Registered

Does any one know for shure if the 21ft boat driver was not paying attenion when he was leaving water town , Im sure they were drinking too, did not pull out in front of the baja?I moved here from the cleveland area, and I have never seen such inexperienced boaters when it comes to the run abouts, half the time they never pay attenion , the let their kids ride up front or on the deck and try to pretend the have a go fast, not to mention the fing idiots on the personal water craft as well. The guy should be punished for not stopping. Well heres one for all the fing jecks condeming go fast boats,I have a perminet neck injury from getting hit while tied off buy a drunk in a large fishing boat that left the dock at shooters in cleveland, at full throtle, so now what ? Its not the gun that kills its the person firing it!!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Allan and Todd -
I e-mailed everyone of those links this morning.
I was surprised to see Scott Sloan on the list. I used to live in Toledo and he has a great drive home talk show. I used to call into it regurarly. - Hell, I even used to play a little hockey with him.
He's a good guy, and level headed, I believe he would understand our side of the arguement - and present it properly.
Have a good time tonight. Educate them well.

Still haven't been hearing much on the recovery of the family injured.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:52 AM
Registered

I spoke with chanel 19 and it seems they are interested in doing a story on the go fast boaters, and here our side, will keep you in formedd, might need some of you guys for the interview
Old 07-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Registered

Count me in since everyone thought that my 40' Fountain was the one that did the run over. Were putting a Scarab 29' with twins toghether now to go fast
Attached Thumbnails Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY-mine-2002-1.jpg  
Old 07-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Panteraman, We will be down there and looks like Ch 12 wants our side as well. We have a good angle being we lease out boats to anyone and actually teach boating safety to our leasees and racers. Not to mention we have not had a n accident yet in 5 years of racing. (keeping fingers crossed)

www.reindlpowerboats.com
Old 07-02-2003, 01:03 PM
Boating Fool

There was a story about it in Evansville IN paper today. We are a little more than 3 hrs away from it.

I know they been calling all Hi perf boats cigarettes, but in the paper they referred to the 21 footer as a "picnic" boat. Haven't heard that one before.

Quick Reply: Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.