Notices

Question for Hot Duck

Old 10-04-2003, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is simply awlsome, I just love doing that kind of "Homework", at least thats what my wife says !
Old 10-04-2003, 08:53 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are spending some serious jack on it, but it is going to be perfect when your done.

I liked it as Kid Apache with the headers coming out of the hatch. I bet it sounded unbelievable then.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the all white with "Indian Outlaw" That is a Great name for a APACHE!! But, I have seen that some apache's bring back their first name or what the boat was know as when it raced, Kid APACHE is a cool name also!!

I'm sorry, but I have to vote to change the color of the drives!! Light "Baby" Blue just doesn't go with the attitude of the boat...
Old 10-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

dlbCheckmate: I know how you feel. My fiance teases me about doing "homework." I actually enjoy doing the research. Call me crazy!

cigracer28/38: I have always wanted a nice Apache and this one was the perfect candidate for a restoration. It will take a few years to make it 100%, but what we are concentrating on now is what I see to be the really important stuff. Once we get the structural, electrical and mechanical items to 100%, the rest is just icing on the cake. If the boat is 100% in these three areas, then we can at least use it while we are collecting parts and saving money for the cosmetic stuff. As for the exhaust, we are planning to leave it coming out the back with the switchable mufflers. We have dry pipes straight up through the engine hatch on the race boat and it sounds great, but it I think that it would be a little too loud for a pleasure boat. (See picture below) Our race boat only has twins. I can't imagine what Kid Apache sounded like with triples! Must have been awesome!

FunHome: I agree, the drives are a very wimpy color, but they will have to stay like that for a while, probably until we paint the boat or until they have to come off for service. They somewhat matched the boat when it was white and teal, but now they look a little out of place. I loved the white interior of that color combination, but I am not so sure about that teal/green color that was on the dash. Unfortunately, the transom assemblies are the same color as the drives, so they will need to be painted as well. I guess the good thing is that the engines will no longer be that color. They were that same baby blue. Now the blocks are gonna be a traditional black. This way, when we work out a design and color scheme for a paint job, we can color match the engines simply by changing the color of the accessories. No need to pull the engines again just to repaint the blocks.

Regarding the name, we are seriously considering using the Kid Apache name. If we do, I think that the boat should be painted exactly like it was when it was racing. I am just not 100% sold on those graphics. I like them, but I don't. As for the graphics on the boat now, I like them, but I don't. I do, however, like the plain white look with the flag, number, name and Apache logo on the side. We'll see. Right now we just want to get the boat up and running 100% and we'll go from there.
Attached Thumbnails Question for Hot Duck-001.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 10-05-2003 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot Duck, just my vote but back to the way she was and original name !! One of my all time favorites !!!

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for the comments! I should have some updated pictures this week. I'll keep you all posted.