Be Careful of Jeff Vandertoll, sells on OSO

Notices

Be Careful of Jeff Vandertoll, sells on OSO

Old 07-18-2003, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up BLACK BALLLIST!

Originally posted by Krumbsnatcher
We still need a blacklist forum that the board can vote on wether a person gets his name and his dealings made public.

What if a new member gets screwed by this guy and we let it happen. Hey I am a relatively new member, I am only thinking of our members best interest.

Who is with me..........
I agree with that! We need a BLACK BALL LIST! I will put the FIRST name on it. Anyone care to guess who I will put there? Sorry for your experience Pantera but you DID THE RIGHT THING by exposing this no good piece of chit!
Old 07-18-2003, 07:11 AM
JeffVan

OK Guys,

Everyone seems to have gotten the wrong opinion of me. I am not trying to rip anyone off. One guy got upset because I didn't get back to him quick enough , I did have a death in the family this past weekend.

I have bought and sold many items on this site and no one has ever had a problem with me!

However there is more to this story than what has been revealed.

I was willing to exchange the prop. but he wanted me to pay all shipping. To make him Happy I will refund his money today. Jeff

Old 07-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a handjob.....thanks for the warning.

Try listing the Prop on ebay, I sold a LH 26 Bravo last year and it brought in $275 on ebay. Good luck.

hI-perf....AKA Mark
Old 07-18-2003, 07:18 AM
Registered

I was writing my post as Jeff just posted......

It's good that you are going to be an honest member of our community, but it shouldn't have taken a public post about you to do the right thing
Old 07-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cuda you roll another one just like the other one?
Old 07-18-2003, 07:47 AM
Banned

Originally posted by lucy
cuda you roll another one just like the other one?
Anything for you baby! You know that.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:09 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd like to know why JeffVan Only has 2 or 3 posts
does he go by a different name, this one seems created for the
sole purpose of reponding to a post.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by JeffVan
Kirk, you forgot to mention all the pictures I sent you. You chose the $300 prop over the $375 maybe because you can't afford to even buy a new one.

I am not Wal Mart i never tould you I would take it back. I have no return policy. It is just what I told you, not damaged but used, So Quit crying.

I have another one for you if you can afford to own more than one prop.

Hey Jeff.

F-ck you for ever telling someone what they can and can't afford. Your the cheap ass holding a measly $300 for ranson because you can't even figure in a simple prop rotation. Sounds to me like your the one hurtin for $$$.

Your not Wal-Mart, they won't be bankrupt by Christmas.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Wow. Tough crowd. That's why I like it here...

I would EXPECT a rotation issue on a prop from EBAY. In fact, I have seen several LH props listed for auction with no mention of rotation. Pictures clearly exhibit which rotation a prop is. On EBAY it is certainly a "buyer beware" forum. Questions and verification are required to assure a happy result. I buy EBAY items ALL the time and because I ask specifics I have a good record of getting pretty much what I think I am getting there.

OSO is certainly a different forum. My dealings with OSO brothers thus far has been flawless. I've bought preoilers, extension boxes, and other hardware from members and personal checks and a man's word have all been sufficient. Great experiences.

Since I don't know the entire specifics of this prop deal I can only go by what has been listed in this thread.

I am disappointed in Jeff's replies. If he had a more expensive RH prop, he should have been upfront and said "well you bought the lefthander. the Righthander is available for $75 more and I'll gladly swap for the difference if you cover all the shipping." In my mind, it is still up to the buyer to ask which rotation it is (and up to the seller to answer honestly).

As far as swapping rotation, jeesh Jeff you already know that this guy drives a Pantera. A Pantera is certainly ballasted to work with a RH unless it was rigged for a LH (which it was apparently not). He can't just swap rotation without changing the entire weight distribution of the hull.

In conclusion, Jeff's initial replies to the buyer continued a misleading path and contained avoidance tactics rather than the accomodating nature of what I have come to expect from an OSO member.

Just goes to show that we still need to stick together as a family.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Description:
This membership will allow unlimited use of all sections of the Bulletin Board and Movies Section of this website including placing ads in the Bulletin Board Classifieds section.

WWTopDJ: Exactly! I smell a :skunk: !

Quick Reply: Be Careful of Jeff Vandertoll, sells on OSO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.