Be Careful of Jeff Vandertoll, sells on OSO

Notices

Be Careful of Jeff Vandertoll, sells on OSO

Old 07-17-2003, 05:46 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be Careful of Jeff Vandertoll, sells on OSO

The guy lied about prop rotation and won't refund my money, here's the email history:

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:27:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: "kirk jurinek" <[email protected]> | This is spam | Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: Bravo 1
To: [email protected]

Jeff -

I received the prop, however it is LH rotation. I needed RH rotation. I am calling the factory to see if there are any ill effects of using a LH rotation and shall try this prop today (if it gets warmer). Is the other prop the same rotation? If it works on the boat then all is well. If not, I need another prop and would hope that you'll take this one back. I thought you said that this was a standard rotation prop? Hopefully it works.

Sincerely,

Kirk

From: [email protected] | This is spam | Add to Address Book
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:11:07 EDT

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't even think about the rotation. If you are running it on a Bravo 1 drive, just put in reverse, and run then you can change the control connections at the helm, Bravos dont know which way the are turning,
I have been told that with big horse power you want your prop spinning counter clockwise to offset toque from motor.

Anyway hope it will work for you, let me know. Jeff

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:40:16 -0700 (PDT)

Just picked up the zinc with the skeg on it. I hope to try it tomorrow. I'll let you know. If it doesn't work, unfortunately the prop does me no good. Please let me know about sending it back. Sorry about the misunderstanding too!!! Hope you have a great 4th!!

Kirk

Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 11:26:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jeff,

Happy 4th to you. I tried the new zinc with the fin, no help. I don't think this prop is any good for me, it just pulls too hard to the right. I'd like to send it back to you. i apologize for this inconvenience, but I thought this was a standard rotation (RH) prop. Let me know where to send it and I'll ship it out. A personal check for the refund is fine. The prop was used 3- 4 times for testing and nothing is wrong with it.

Thank You,

Kirk

Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 09:18:51 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff,

Please give me a call to discuss @ (708)989-6017.

Thank You,

Kirk

From: [email protected] | This is spam | Add to Address Book
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:51:08 EDT

Kirk I don't want the prop back. You should sell it to someone if you are not happy with it.

Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:52:40 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff,

I purchased the prop from you based on a standard rotation (RH). You even stated in your email to me that you didn't consider or think about the rotation after I informed you that it was left hand. This was an honest mistake, but a mistake none the less. I expected to receive a right hand rotation prop and informed you the day I opened it. I tried the prop, and it simply doesn't work on my set up.

You don't seem like a guy that intended on screwing anybody on purpose. I would appreciate if we could simply resolve this minor issue by you sending me $ 300.00, which is less than I paid, and I return the prop that wasn't what I expected. There is absolutely no reason for either one of us to let this get out of hand or become irrational to one another.

Sincerely,

Kirk

Everyone I've delt with and met on OSO has been honest and mature in their business dealings. Scum bags like this are what is wrong with this world!!! Anyone want to buy a 28P Bravo 1 LH rotation? Just don't buy anything from Jeff Vandertoll!!

Last edited by Elite Marine; 07-17-2003 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Registered

Hmmmmmmmmm
Old 07-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Steve_H

nice documentation Pantera24-650HP

Old 07-17-2003, 06:46 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Same as burgers!!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Too Old,

I am the same way, its rough enough dealing with the traffic, politics, taxes and the daily grind of life, now we have to deal with guys on a hobby website sticking it to other enthusiasts!!!

I really thought the guy made an honest mistake until 4 phone calls and several emails went unanswered!!! $300.00 isn't woth a bad reputation. Some of us have integrity others are just losers!!
Old 07-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Registered

Default "Seller Blacklist"

Originally posted by MAKDADDY
OSO Gods
there should be a category for these issues all there own.
That way when someone looks at purchasing something from some one they may be able to reference the losers.

just my 2 Cents

Greg
I agree with MAKDADDY, there should be forum where bad sellers can have threads posted as well good sellers to give kudos.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Allan4

Yup, I agree.

I would like Jeff to chime in and hear what he has to say. Not that I am doubting you at all Kirk, just interested to hear the other side of the story.

Good luck, from the e-mails you have posted this sounds VERY unreasonable for no reason at all. Geesh....just takethe stupid prop back and be done with it!!

Old 07-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Banned
Gold Member

I don't expose people without reason.

I tried to contact Jeff after making every attempt to get the boat to work with the prop, the pitch and prop design really fit my boat, it was the excessive roll due to the left hand rotation that wasn't fun or safe. I have since purchased a RH Bravo 1 and the boat planes out perfect. This is not about $ 300.00+, its about ethics and morals. I purchased a RH prop and received a LH prop.

I would look forward to his reply, seeing as he only sent me the one line email about "you should sell it if to someone if you are not happy with it" . . . after 4 phone messages.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Too many people trying to make a quick buck off this forum!
I agree with the warning area but it could also hurt a honest person if the other has a misunderstanding or hidden agenda.

BTW about a year ago I tried to sell a prop to someone on the board I let him try it out and had his cash in my pocket the same evening he called and said it did not perform like he had hoped it would, next day he had the cash back and we shook hands.

Moral of the story WHY in the world would you risk confrontation for the price of a used prop

My real name is Joe
Old 07-17-2003, 08:59 PM
JeffVan

Kirk, you forgot to mention all the pictures I sent you. You chose the $300 prop over the $375 maybe because you can't afford to even buy a new one.

I am not Wal Mart i never tould you I would take it back. I have no return policy. It is just what I told you, not damaged but used, So Quit crying.

I have another one for you if you can afford to own more than one prop.

Quick Reply: Be Careful of Jeff Vandertoll, sells on OSO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.