Notices

New Ford 6.0 P.O.S.!!!

Old 07-23-2003, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Pure Energy
My 7.3 had 100,000 when I sold and still running strong! I love the new 6.0 and it is strange we have diff. opinions. Good luck and I hope you get it straightened out.
P.E.,
Don't get me wrong here, I really like the new 6.0/tranny combo. It's more powerful than my 7.3 was and the new tranny is better. I just wish it ran as smooth.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know where the part numbers are on the injectors? We talked to Ford today and the mechanic said they started using the new ones in February. I told him I heard it was may, but he disagrees. He does not want to address this problem.

They are saying that the computer needs to be updated, and that is why we are having problems now. I don't believe them, we will see what happens.

Old 07-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Boating Fool

My father had an 02 7.3 Excursion. It ran great and towed a 377 Talon with ease. But he just blew the tranny out of it towing his new 42 Fountain.

So he just traded to a new F-350 4X4 with the 6.0L. Besides some problems with the engines. How are the new tranny holding up. I thought they would be a bigger problem than the engine.

Old 07-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Byron

My buddies are having problems also with the new 6.0. My Excursion with 100k is perfectly fine and also my F-350 dually with the 7.3 is still great. I beat on these trucks with the 130hp chips etc. still no problems, I think I better keep'em for awile untill they figure the 6.0 out

Old 07-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Registered

Unhappy

That's a bummer HavCig, my buddy had the same thing happen to his while in tow coming from Havasu. The turbo went out or some **** too, but the weird thing is that it kept working again then not...? I have an '01 PSD and it is solid..I am about to pull the trigger on a Duramax Crew here soon unless I hear the Suburban will have a diesel but I doubt it will be here. Hope it works out for you, btw I kinda met you and the Mrs. at Terrible's the weekend of OP6...
Old 07-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ford service like most of the others is the pits. I was very disapointed in how they treated me in regards to my tranny issues. I had it in 9 times in one year to have it fixed and every time they pulled codes and every time they said they could not find the problem. I finally did some snooping around to find a loose wire on the tranny plug. I fixed it myself and so far it has run well. It is typicall that these mechanics only want to just plug into the computer and see what it spits out. When it does not spit out anything they will tell you that it is fine as they do not want to spend the time doing any real trouble shooting.

The few people that I know with the 6.0 are happy with them.

Jon
Old 07-24-2003, 02:05 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Troutly, my post was not directed at you. Sorry if it seemed so. FOMOCO does have its hands full right now. We work with 3 dealers in our area regarding enhancements and they are really frustrated. They are willing to do enhancements or whatever is needed to get the new 6.0s to run to there potential. One dealer just recieved 6 new 6.0s and everyone is an absolute snail during initial accel. After they get "spooled" up, that is around 1700RPM, they run great, but initially they are very weak. One customer can not even untrack his 12500lb trailer. He has to go into 4X4 low. I know 12500lbs is heavy, but we all know the 6.0 is capable of untracking that much weight(on level ground). One friend "melted" his 6.0 down on a return trip from Lake Powell. Cause, the early injector problems. Like was posted earlier, the new 6.0s have the new injectors, but that has still not cured the poor accel, poor boost, problems. It is a bummer for the owners of the 6.0s that are faulty, because they really are an awesome ride when performing properly.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
"Sorry to bother you, but what did you do to your truck to make it so quite? I have a diesel X and it is soooo noisy compared to yours!"

Nort, I love the noise level of my 02 7.3PSD. I have listened to the new 6.0PSD and yes they are quiter however I feel if you buy a diesel, you need a little sound under the hood so that everyone knows you are driving a oil burner and not a gas hog .

Some of the older PSD's were much louder and I agree that they were annoying but the 01-02 are just right
Old 07-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Originally posted by hp500efi
Nort, I love the noise level of my 02 7.3PSD. I have listened to the new 6.0PSD and yes they are quiter however I feel if you buy a diesel, you need a little sound under the hood so that everyone knows you are driving a oil burner and not a gas hog .

Some of the older PSD's were much louder and I agree that they were annoying but the 01-02 are just right

Nort, I love the noise level of my 95 5.9Cummins. I have listened to the new 6.0PSD and yes they are quiter however I feel if you buy a diesel, you need a little sound under the hood so that everyone knows you are driving a oil burner and not a gas hog .

Some of the older PSD's were much louder and I agree that they were annoying but the 01-02 are still not right
Old 07-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Registered

Hey.........I didn't think the 7.3 was too loud! Either one is pretty quite inside the vehicle. I'm just tell ya what this guy's wife said. He though I had done something magical to the engine.

Quick Reply: New Ford 6.0 P.O.S.!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.