Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain? >

Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Notices

Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Old 08-07-2003, 03:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow I am not touching this one !!
Old 08-07-2003, 05:51 AM
Curt

Originally posted by Madcow
This is just my personal observations, and PLEASE don't anyone take this personaly. Almost everyone I know who owns a Fountain is an assh#*@. And most of my best friends own Cigarettes.
Yea, you are right, most Fountain owners are called ***holes...but it's usually only by the owners of boats we just blew by at 80 + mph!

Old 08-07-2003, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! can I join the pissing contest?

As has already been said both are awesome boats, each one unique in their own design. Cigarette rides a lot better in rough water/ Fountain runs a lot faster in smooth water. Cigarette holds a higher resale value than Fountain. (I am not trying to start the beak/platform gripe), but Fountain hulls are actually shorter that than a Cigarettes advertized length because of the large inegtrated swim platform. It all depends on what you want to use the boat for.

Oh yeah If you wanna drive a Fountain you have to be left handed sorry couldnt resist
Old 08-07-2003, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

MUST........RESIST................SMARTASS........ ......FOUNTAIN.................COMMENTS........... ...........
Old 08-07-2003, 07:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasabe,

It really depends on what you are looking at? Racing record well yea, but Cigs do have some great attention to detail, I love the powder coated fade on rails. As for the resale value well, Cigs do sell for more to start with and their are fewer of them out there.

As for the ass*&^% comment, maybe you are just stereotyping and then of course they will be rude to you. Something to think about? Maybe the problem is with you.

WILL
Old 08-07-2003, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

27 - You want fade? I saw red fade on the grab handles of a 38 Lightning at the plant last weekend.

I love my Fountain. So do a bunch of my friends who have them. My Cigarette-owning friends love their boats. Cigarettes are well-built, heavier, with a bit more attention to detail, but Fountains are FAST and have a much more distinctive look. It all depends on what you want to do with your boat.
As for us all being a$$holes, I've met a few who were, but nearly every boater I know is cool, no matter what brand of boat they drive.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:17 AM
Registered

Last edited by SABER28; 08-07-2003 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:21 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Steve 1
Wow I am not touching this one !!
Old 08-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cigarette won most of their races when offshore racing was offshore. Now it's closed circuit river racing.
Bring on the rough stuff!!!!!

Just my $.02
Old 08-07-2003, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that Fountains are pretty pricey when comparably powered. The big difference I think is that the swim platform and the beak are calculated into the size, therefore you get shorted on the actual hull in water.

Quick Reply: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.