Notices

Powerquest boats ??

Old 08-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

And another thing!!!!

No matter what boat a guy asks about on this board some one has to chime in with "Well I own brand ?? and it is better than what your asking about"
Well it may be but do what I did and go to a boat show and when you have it narrowed down go back and forth to the boats you are confident with and buy the one YOU like not the one someone else owns because it's the best
We all have different tastes and opinions
Ok back to your question
Hull sides and gel work +10
Fit and finish (outside) 8
Fit and finish inside 7
Overall construction 8
The high free board on the Powerquest is a huge plus in my opinion and may be the one thing that makes it feel so much different than the other brands you asked about.

O.K. I'm done hope something in my rambling helped
Too much coffee
Old 08-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where's Macklin? He can tell ya about the 272 (previous boat)....
Old 08-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Scheuer10
Great picture! I like the way the graphics wrap around to the lounge. (very nice)
Old 08-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Hey look what I found on my other computer. This is the same boat with a windshield (yuck) and check out my Cruiser behind it 1968 Viking
Attached Thumbnails Powerquest boats ??-rare-shot-party-barge-pq-side-side-001.jpg  
Old 08-14-2003, 09:16 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Concur with the fairing. The PQ boats take on a totally different appeal with the sportier fairing.

From what I've seen and heard from experienced folks locally, Baja 272 Boss' are a hard ride in any kind of chop.

27 Fountains are simply too small. 29 Fountains are there, but pricing starts to come into play. You've really got to find the one that just rocks your world everytime you see it as well as fall into your range of affordability and practicality.

The reality is posts like these really won't help any because it'll just offer up a lot of personal tastes. Now every now and then someone will chime in with personal experience with the boat/s in question. If they currently have the same brand boat perhaps their opinion will be a little self serving. But it's the ones who have bounced around a bit with various btypes that'll offer the most neutral opinions. Hopefully a few of those will provide some insight for you...
Old 08-14-2003, 09:21 AM
Registered

Had a 1999 280 with a 502 Mag. 65 mph all day long with the Mrs and me, slowed a few mph with a heavier load (to be expected). Lots of room in the boat, especially in the cockpit. Nice high freeboard. The Mrs *loved* the windshield; it can get cool up here in Michigan. Fit and finish was fine on our boat; rigging was clean, all wiring was loomed and secured, etc. As has been noted previously, the factory support is absolutely top-notch.

We definitely would consider another PQ (traded ours in on our now-18 month old daughter, but it's worth it!)

If you like the PQ style boat, you might want to look at Formula and (obviously) Baja. The Sunsation is less roomy inside and out (though it's actually a bit longer, but has a narrower beam. The Sunsation will be faster with equivalent power. Fit and finish is excellent on the Sun, and factory support is also great. I look at them as really two different kind of boats; the Sun is more of a hot rod, the PQ has performance plus a bit more comfort. For us, the extra room and the windshield was more important than the extra speed.

YMMV....
Attached Thumbnails Powerquest boats ??-pq_2.jpg  

Last edited by dockrocker; 08-14-2003 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A buddy off mine also has a PQ (38 Avenger). He loves the boat. Had a fountain center console before that. I second the free board comment.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Mad Hatter

Notice no one races powerquest? A friend of mine has a 340 and I can't stand riding in the thing, as long as your not moving on past plaining speed the boat is alright. I would personally rather go with a Challenger, Saber, Fountain etc.

Old 08-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread is starting to bring back some PQ vs Sun memories I ain't saying nuthin
Old 08-14-2003, 10:22 AM
TeamSonic42

You should check out Sonic. The 31 is a real nice ride......

Quick Reply: Powerquest boats ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.