Notices

Trans Am Rebuild....

Old 08-18-2003, 03:11 PM
RUSSELLDEAN

Sorry if I offended anyone...I just couldn't resist after reading his signature and reading the nature of his question. I meant it as a joke!!!

Old 08-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Russ, its cool, thats a quote from a ricer kid in the paper saying why 4 bangers are better.... Kids these days
Old 08-28-2003, 07:14 AM
Registered

I bet that same "ricer" kid has to take his car to Quickie Lube to have his oil changed

Uhhh filter wrench? uhhh,,,,,whats that?,,,,,eeewwww its dirty
Old 08-28-2003, 07:53 AM
Adivanman

M.T.I.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally posted by HyperBaja
Russ, its cool, thats a quote from a ricer kid in the paper saying why 4 bangers are better.... Kids these days
Yea, kids these days. Heck, they seem to worry about where the left their sunglasses more, than whose boat he left his underwear on, or which field w/the goats his underwear was left at!
Old 08-29-2003, 05:42 AM
Registered

Not the goats. LOL... Lingenfelter Performance Engineering is definately the way to go. Check out WWW.LINGENFELTER.COM
Old 09-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
I bet that same "ricer" kid has to take his car to Quickie Lube to have his oil changed

Uhhh filter wrench? uhhh,,,,,whats that?,,,,,eeewwww its dirty
LOL, I make my friends do their own, even though we save about 39cents an oil change, we get the satisfaction of getting to warm up the engine, then burning the skin off our hands trying to loosen the plug!
Old 09-01-2003, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

Im not sure what kind of money you are looking to spend. You can pick up a LS1 with computer fairly cheap. Im building a motor for my 2002 Trans Am currently. Im taking a 2002 6.0L long block with Aluminum heads and starting over. It will be a forged 427 with 12.1 compression. All the LS1 accesories will bolt up including the wiring and comp. On average this setup will make 600HP. Otherwise do a bottom end on that LT1, put a big cam and nice heads and have fun. LT1's with heads cam and intake are easily making 350+at the wheels.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
Yea, kids these days. Heck, they seem to worry about where the left their sunglasses more, than whose boat he left his underwear on, or which field w/the goats his underwear was left at!
That was the first of 3 pairs of Oakleys i lost/broke this summer, 2nd pair was red, had for 3 hours when I went off the rope swing The last pair broke when soem chick who was buying me beer sat on them on the way there
Old 09-01-2003, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 140 Likes on 85 Posts

Lingenfelter is the MAN.

I bought a '96 Lingenfelter SUBURBAN (of all things) for resale. We kept it around for about two months. The Burb had 11k on it when the original owner sent it to Lingenfelter for a $65k upgrade (we had all the receipts). Full suspension rework (lowering, huge brakes, shocks, steering box, wheels/tires, the whole enchilada). Full pump gas drivetrain rework. Stroker motor, Custom FI intake (looked like a Merc unit with a big box on top of it), reprogrammed and beefed trans, Auburn limited slips front and rear. Also had Recaro leather seats in front, captains chairs in the middle, big TV, electric drink holders that switched from hot to cold for whatever you wanted. Flares and running boards.

This monster would ROCK! It had 112k miles on it when I bought it. It was the daily driver for the owner (who was killed in a light plane crash he was piloting).

It would haze the rears in 2wd at 60 mph. In 4wd it would simply haul major tail. What a riot! The guy who bought it still calls every now and then just to thank us for selling it to him.

After that, I got a lead on a similar Lingenfelter Impala SS. It was a drug dealer car and was at police impound. They didn't know what they had. I was set to go buy it at auction, but a day or so before the auction, it disappeared from the website listing (was listed only as "Black 1995 Impala"). When I caled to ask about it, nobody knew what hapened to it. Obviously, somebody got to the auction coordinator with some $$ cabbage...

No doubt, Lingenfelter is a class act, but his work does NOT come in flavors that a schoolkid can stomach. Besides, you kids need to do your own engine work. Makes you a better person...

Quick Reply: Trans Am Rebuild....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.