Notices

Thanks OPA!!

Old 09-30-2003, 02:40 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thanks OPA!!

Don't know if Ted posted something already, but I just wanted to say thanks to Ron, Augie, Ed and the rest of the Jersey Boys (OPA racers) for coming to Cambridge, Maryland. Also the guys who stepped up to the plate and ran in the club class. What an awesome show!! I've never worked so hard and been so tired from something that I enjoyed doing so much!

Is it my own bias, or is it possible Cambridge has the potential to be one of the most spectacular venues for an offshore race in the country??

The spectator sections just about ring the entire course, even if we run through the bridges one year. From my vantage point at RaceComm, I could see the entire course. But the view from the bridges and the Hyatt perimeter must have been unbelievable.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 09-30-2003, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Keith, thanks to you and CBPBA for a great weekend of FUN and SAFETY! My hats off to you all. Augie and Kevin
Old 09-30-2003, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keith,
The spectator areas are spectacular. The location is top notch and the Hyatt is stunning. I hope next years schedule includes Cambridge.
Qball
Old 09-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Words cannot express the gratitude I feel to all the people that made this race happen. Kurt and his team from OPA were professional and easy to work with. The racers were all around great people and sportsmen. All of the sponsors and the City of Cambridge were supportive and understood the potential that this site and these people have. And finally all of the volunteers need to be thanked for coming out and working just for the love of the sport.

We are already talking about improvements for next year, hope everybody will come back and make it even better.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Registered

Keith, the view from the Enstrom helicopter was mighty nice. Comfortable seats too, except the pilot makes you wear a seatbelt for some reason.
Randy
Old 09-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Registered

Default Cambridge Race Pictures

The Cambridge Race pictures are now available on www.pokerrunpix.com. They are divided into three groups, the first race, second race, and non-race or spectator boat shots. Many of the pictures are similar, but hopefully there is something in there that you will like.

The pictures are proofs and include 95% of what I shot. All the pictures are intentionally underexposed and they will be lightened, cropped, etc. if you purchase them.

I appreciated the invitation to shoot the race and hope to be back next year. Many thanks to the racers, CBPBA, Kevin Brown (my pilot from Delmarva Executive Transport Helicopter Services), and Jeff Jenning's for his www.pokerrunpix.com site.

If you have any trouble finding your boat, or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to write and I'll help you.

Randy Nuzzo
email: [email protected]

p.s. After clicking on a particular race, you will get a screen full of pictures. I usually change the "sort by" from "most active" to "image name". "Image name" sort represents the sequential order that I shot the pictures, equivalent to a negative number for film. Since I also have a cable modem, I also go with 24 "per page".
Old 10-01-2003, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy,

Great Shots!...thanks for coming out.....

Old 10-01-2003, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Default club race

Kieth, My son and I ran the Bad Boys in the club race with your buddies. Had a great time, then to hit the dock and jump in ours and do it again, was the best. Just cant never get enough. Ed