Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware of this Fountain for sale!!! >

Beware of this Fountain for sale!!!

Notices

Beware of this Fountain for sale!!!

Old 10-17-2003, 04:32 PM
matthew

To rbr2328:

We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you, but I do not thing we are the ones that have put you in this position. I think you don't realize how much money we have lost dealing with Mr. Harris. Once again we do apologize for any inconvenience we have caused, and wish you the best of luck trying to resolve your problems with Mr. Harris.

Old 10-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

i would think that pier 57 taking the boat back in for repairs while the customer still owed them money was smart! they then had possision of the boat and could control its release. After Harris wrote the checks paying the boat in full pier 57 got there payment in full. of course the stop payment is another issue. it sounds as if they were paid in full both for the boat and the repairs at one time.

in our business no mon no fun nothing leaves without payment.

later
Old 10-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been communicating via e-mail with Bill and hope to resolve this matter soon.

Also if Pier 57 is holding onto the cancelled checks then why not prosecute on the checks because by law the balance would be paid, and now the bad checks would be the issue. Instead they come and take away something I paid in full for. They were the ones taking the risk by financing the boat not me. So why do I suffer a loss when I paid in full and since Georgia does not have titles on boats have no way of doing a lien search. The lien they filed against Bill was filed improperly and could not be found under his name because the space for last name has his first name and vice versa.

Where is an attorney familiar with boats when you need one?
Old 10-18-2003, 02:51 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I keep Cashbar updated at least once a week and as far as cash payments made by Bill I have a file that he gave me with the boat that has every invoice for every penny spent on the boat.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Curt

What a nightmare! This story is enough to make you never want to purchase another boat again.
Good luck to everyone resolving this.