Notices

Article on Key West

Old 11-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Key West has always been the place we want to race," said Danny DeSantis, whose Super Cat boat representing DeSantis Chevrolet took first place overall in the popular class. "The Super Cat owners' group voted to stick together, and wherever we go, the littler boats will follow."

Sounds like the Super Cat Owners group has no clue as to why and were the "littler boats" race. It sure won't be where all racers are not treated with equal respect.

J
Old 11-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

QUOTE]"Key West has always been the place we want to race," said Danny DeSantis, whose Super Cat boat representing DeSantis Chevrolet took first place overall in the popular class. "The Super Cat owners' group voted to stick together, and wherever we go, the littler boats will follow." [/QUOTE]

29 Boats, 10 Supercats, 6 Super Cat Lights, 3 Super V's, 2 F-2's, 3 F-1's, 3 Outboards, 1 P-3, 1 P-1.[

Yeh, looks like we followed
Old 11-25-2003, 01:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Desantis it's Smaller not Littler. The smaller boats make up most of the boat count at races anyway. Mills thought just because some Cats showed up we'd follow , yea right! I'm not following your group. The boycotting group set our sport back big time. Ya think any big sponsors are going to be involved w/ offshore racing now? This boycott hurt the West Coast , East Coast and The Great Lakes - Thanks! The LLC did alot of right , some wrong and they admitted it. All of this should of been worked out over the winter. BH
Old 11-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Registered

the same thing can be said for the boat count in OB , the claim was "at least 100" the real # was a weee bit under that........ just an observation
Old 11-25-2003, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think someone has learned ENRON math

I was just glad to hang out n meet a few OSO people in person. The races were an added bonus.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Nasty:

APBA's prediction of 100 boats was before the boycott. Since 1998 APBA has had 100 boats easy at the World Championships. Mills knew his ass was in a bind and tried to trick the city. Well it didn't work. Key West Koolaid. I don't blame any people for going to Key West and partying , It's a great place. BH
Old 11-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Registered

10/30 Boycott announced

10/30 Boycott recognized

11/4 "at least 100 boats"

not splitting hairs but that is what was said. or at least what I read. I didn't race anywhere in any of the so called worlds next year I hope to race 3 or 4 or more...2004 Year of the Boat Race Whore
Old 11-25-2003, 10:01 PM
sauron

I understand the boycott but why would anyone want to race without a sanction or TV? What did the winners accomplish? I am a World Champion. Really!! Lee Mills Racing Club. WOW

Old 11-26-2003, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally posted by sauron
I understand the boycott but why would anyone want to race without a sanction or TV? What did the winners accomplish? I am a World Champion. Really!! Lee Mills Racing Club. WOW
Racers did not accomplish much of anything, in fact most of them LOST a LOT!!!!!!

Those of us who went to watch on the other hand had a BLAST!!!!!

Oh, there was racing going on?????? I just thought there was a few Million $$$$$$ worth of powerboats having Fun in the Harbor!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2003, 08:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

"Those numbers do not include the 20 stock outboard boats that raced Saturday, which he said did not count toward the 40-boat requirement. "

Did anybody actaully see this race? Where was it?

Quick Reply: Article on Key West

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.