Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Things people do on your boat that piss you off >

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Notices

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Old 11-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Smoking, what REALLY pisses me off is people who throw their butts in the water. Why is this exceptable for people to throw butts in the water or out their car window? If you unwrapped a piece of gum would you throw the wrapper in the water? So why cigs?

Dave M,
Glad someone else agrees. On the beach, in the water, or what blew into my front yard from my smoking like a chimney neighbor. It's all trash. THROW IT AWAY!!!!!!

Last edited by Dusty Times; 11-27-2003 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

Red face

Originally posted by Boatfixr
Most of the above and one time at the lake my nephew (by marriage) picked up a cooler off the beach and placed it on the gel and then drug it into the boat! I heard the scraping sand and went absolutely ballistic!!!!

whoooooo god................. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2003, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Well the smoking one went into effect when my boat was two days old. I had just picked it up in Florida and pulled it back to Lake Cumberland. The second night I was still glowing with that new boat owners smile when someone in the hot tub on top of our houseboat flipped a cig overboard to the dead center of my deck below. Well I found it the next morning as I was drying of the dew. That smile went away when I found the brown burn in my gel. Needless to say the three smokers on board and I had a meeting.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Registered

I have new upholsrey, payed for by me. Shoes are no problem. Stepping on seats with shoes, no problem. Mud on shoes pisses me off. $20 at gas dock, why thank you very much. They think it is generous and why wreck the fun you brought them to have. Peeing on the side of the boat, oh well. I don't have a swim platform and don't want them to use th PP. If the cabin door slides open and it makes you feel better to close it, please do. Like Timicin, mentioned, people that act like we aren't going fast enough on a mill pond at WOT really peeve me. My boat is not too fast, but critisism will get you thrown overboard. Particulary if your boat cannot break 60mph.

Dave
Old 11-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My 4 Rules of boating that tick me off

1) People walking on or crushing the head rest

2) Woman wearing colored nail polish that gets on the upholstery and the deck ( It does not remove easily)

3) Boarding the boat with anything but cans

4) Other boaters with no fenders and no ropes
Old 11-28-2003, 04:34 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

kids crawling on my boat. drives me batty when people with kids come to visit and the kids are all in the boat snooping around...OUT!!!!!

..and like above, no smoking, no bottles, no food

But I do like to bring my dog on other peoples boats
Attached Thumbnails Things people do on your boat that piss you off-dcp01304.jpg  
Old 11-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I bring Brandy on your TG Kurt ?
Attached Thumbnails Things people do on your boat that piss you off-resize.jpg  
Old 11-28-2003, 09:20 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

You guys have listed all the reasons I don't bring people out on the boat. Most of the time I'm boating to get away from pain in the ass people. I only raft with close friends, otherwise I'm happy by myself, thanks. When I bring someone out for a poker run they know the rules and have a wallet full of cash to help me pay the expenses.

I love the car & furniture analogies, I will be using them. The only one not good about taking off her shoes is my mom! I will be walking on her couch soon! That will make the point! Telling her the boat cost more than her house doesn't make an impression. The only people allowed to wear shoes on my boat are both over 90!
Old 11-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally posted by mopower

Are we talking about boats here...they're gonna get wet.

But you do have a point , if I bought a new one I probably wouldn't put it in the water.

Hey you son of a *****! You splashed water on my boat!

WTF?
Old 11-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't stand the people who's first question is "nice boat, how mutch does it cost?" That question doesn't bother me so mutch coming from another boater who may actually interested, but I hate the nosey landlober.

I hate people who raft to you w/ no lines or fenders.

The head is off limits, no shoes, no smoking...etc.

Quick Reply: Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.