Notices

Columbus Sniper

Old 11-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Columbus Sniper

Mods, Please do not delete this.

Unless you live in Columbus, and listen to every bit of news, you probably have not heard of this. The outerbelt (270), during daylight hours, one lady was shot and killed. News is blaming it on Hunters. 1) it is bow season and 2) no hunting is around there. Oh, and who hunts with a 50 cal? I had a friend get hit by something, he thought it was a rock, and didnt get home until 1am, and it was too cold to check then, not sure if he has checked today. NO one would be hunting from the side the shot was fired from. 30 yds of woods, then a construction site. Now, there has been 7 reported since may. The "Sniper" is pretty bad at trying to be a sniper. 7+ shots and only one death. This is scary though. I am glad we stopped running the outerbelt now.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

50cal. as in muzzle loader, or, military rifle??

lets hope they catch this dumb****!!

Old 11-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Kohldog

COLUMBUS -- A woman was shot and killed Tuesday morning while riding in a car with her friend along Interstate 270.

The shooting took place around 10 a.m. along the eastbound lanes of Interstate 270, on the south side of Columbus.

According to the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, a bullet entered the driver's side door of the car and struck Gail Knisley of Washington Court House. The driver, Mary Cox, was not hurt. Knisley died at Grant Medical Center at about 10:45 a.m.

"I can't see anything. I don't even see a bullet hole," Cox told the 911 operator.

Family members said Cox had just picked up Knisley in Canal Winchester.

They were headed for a day of shopping in Easton Towne Center, but while driving along I-270, they both heard a "bang, like a balloon." Kinsley then slumped over in the front seat, NBC 4 reported.

"We were just traveling, talking," Cox told a 911 operator. "We haven't been together for a while."

Knisley and Cox grew up together, according to family members. Cox's son said the women had not seen each other for about a month.

Police planes, helicopters and canine crews were searching the woods north of I-270 on the city's south side for possible suspects, NBC 4 reported.

All lanes of I-270 reopened at about 12:30 p.m.

The shooting was the third in the past week in that area. On Nov. 19, a car was hit by a bullet while driving on U.S. 23, just south of I-270.

Two days earlier, another vehicle was hit by a bullet while driving on I-270 between Parsons Avenue and U.S. 23.

A woman reported that a bullet struck her sport-utility vehicle on Wednesday. A bullet struck a UPS driver's truck two days earlier.

"I just went to the back of my truck, and there was a hole in the back of it," the driver said. "That's when we called police."

Additionally, the Franklin County Sheriff's Office confirmed that they have three additional reports of vehicles being struck by bullets -- two in October and one in May. No one was hurt in any of the incidents before Tuesday.