Notices

killer stainless tool box

Old 12-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PurePower
I bought that box from Costco back in August.

Very nice, I have had many compliments on it since then too.
You can't go wrong with this one, compared to what even Craftsman wants these days for a box.
Those pretty stainless boxes are IMPORTED from Taiwan! with old technology drawer latches.

Craftsman toolboxes are made in the good old USA (IOWA).

Just keep buying imported stuff, this country will be one big health spa that USED to manufacture stuff.
Then we can all complain that there are no jobs.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

if sears would make something this appealing i would have bought one. btw where do you think sears bought the steel to build there boxes. probably china. just like air tools do you think they are made here i am 100% for american products if they are available but it is not the consumer- it is the manufactures that brought the companies overseas . i work for ford and i see more parts made in mexico than i do here . same as gm , does that mean that you won't buy a car from them??
Old 12-31-2003, 10:47 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

My brother-in-law just called me from COSTCO, here in VA, and said it is down to $600 now.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn!
That's not a tool box, it's a piece of art.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:05 PM
GeoGraphics INC

The only thing is it is pop-rivited together

Old 12-31-2003, 11:47 PM
Wildfire

Saw it a week after I bought my Kennedy box. Really like the Kennedy, but would have looked hard at this one. More volume for the money.

Old 01-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered

Decided I wanted one of these bad boys and spent the past two day searching a few different Sams looking for them. All are sold out. So I went to Costco and bought the one they had. Looks exactly the same but the drawers are layed out a little differently (70/30 splits top to bottom). It is a killer tool box for the price. And yes, this sum biyatch is heavy. About killed me getting it out of the Tahoe. Looks good full of tools though. Unfortunately, our local Costco had not reduced the cost as of yet so I had to pay the full price. Oh well, at least I got it. I looked very hard at the Craftsman boxes before buying this one and I feel that, while the black Craftsman boxes are nice, this one is a better value for the average schmuck like me. Currently in the process of loading it.

Mike
Old 01-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

mine is still sitting in my kitchen i need to finish staining the floor in the shop and freakin' humidity is 100% since last weekend. looks like i will have to pay rent at the other wharehouse for another month, was hopping to move in this weekend but that dog ain't huntin'
Old 01-05-2004, 05:44 AM
Registered

Mike, I spent all evening Saturday cleaning and re-arranging our stuff in the garage. It fits nicely now. SVS has a few new sub models you may want to check out. Specifically the PC-Ultra line. They will blow mine away. I will bring it over one evening this week.

Mike