Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend >

Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Notices

Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Old 09-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I ranted and raved the name Don Aronow for years. Man if there was anybody that I wanted to be like it was him. I've been in his office and even used his bathroom. I couldn't help but poke my head in his HUGE black marble shower and check out the secret exit door. The more I found about Mr Aronow and the more business deals I did in the high performance boat market my attitude changed. Once I started getting the short end of the stick on a few deals I kinda resented the fact that the guy I worshiped was just like the people shorting me. Does this make any sense? Anyway yea he was brilliant , a great racer and a jump started the high performance boating industry but as a person with morales and a honest business person - NO WAY . I guess the part that really get's me is sleeping with everybody's wives. Man that sucks and that's one game I'm not interested in - BH
guys have been banging other guys wives since back in the day when someones wife first opened her legs for another guy... so what... don didn't invent that...or claim to

if he handed you your azz on a few business deals, too bad, man up... you own that one
Old 09-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spitfire1
Ok......and what might that be if I may be so bold?????
i think he owns the piercing piece from dons prince albert. lmao
Old 09-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Well I might as well tell you the story. My mom and her 1st husband lived in N. Miami in the early 80's. She was a waitress at Vinny's , a popular Iitalian restaurant in Miami. That is where she met Mr Aronow and wound up being romanced by him. Well one thing led to another and use your imagination. My mom and her 1st husband divorced and she moved to Georgia. I was born exactly 9 months after she moved here. My mom married a great guy while she was pregnant with me and they are still married now. There ya have it! BH
you sure don was the only one hitting it. this is getting better by the minute...just sayin...rm
Old 09-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
that would be awesome if hollyweird did a movie of dons life, chris skunkin could play
the fluffer for the mega multiple wife banging scenes.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 09-26-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geezus Joker. ... MEDIC!!!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 644 Likes on 303 Posts

There went 2 hrs of My life !! Good read
Old 09-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
I know but some of the guys were saying that if Don was not around there would not be the same bad azz cig's of today......but Reggie has been around for a long time thus.....we would still have the boats of today......thats all
didn't reggie invent the toupee?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ashleygoode
That guy who is driving the 45 ft aronow is my dad - Byng Goode. Who owned and sold Midnight Express in the late 80's.
Ashley,

Your Dad has always been a good friend to me. All the best to you and your family.

Todd
Old 09-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
Hi guys, i have been reading this thread for a while and realized that no one has mentioned Reggie Fountain who started his company in 1979.....if Don was not in the picture we would still have the offshore powerboats of today. I think Reggie is a stand up guy who has raced for over 20 something years and Don was a fly by the seat of your pants type of guy who lived on the edge.....Don will always be talked about and rembered and it would be interesting what boats would be around today if he was still around.....The whole apache story is also very interesting and i think it is the excitement/thrill that draws us to these stories of the past!

Why do these Fountain followers think we even care about Reggie? He is not mentioned one time in John Crouse's book Searace. He took an excalibur hull, teamed up with Gary Garbrecht, who he later dumped, to develope the executioner. Don made, sold, and even bought back a few of his companies and made them more profitable. Fountain produced and sold more boats than any other manufacturer and still went bankrupt. Don, hands down was a much better businessman than Regggie. Quit drinking from the "fountain", you have a production boat, not a custom ordered, built to spec, wave crusher. I love my Active Thunder, my dream is a 38' Cig or a 41' Apache.

Last edited by Somethin' Sexy; 09-26-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Somethin' Sexy
Why do these Fountain followers think we even care about Reggie? He is not mentioned one time in John Crouse's book Searace. He took an excalibur hull, teamed up with Gary Garbrecht, who he later dumped, to develope the executioner. Don made, sold, and even bought back a few of his companies and made them more profitable. Fountain produced and sold more boats than any other manufacturer and still went bankrupt. Don, hands down was a much better businessman than Regggie. Quit drinking from the "fountain", you have a production boat, not a custom ordered, built to spec, wave crusher. I love my Active Thunder, my dream is a 38' Cig or a 41' Apache.
i fee l ya on the apache thing.. yeah buddy... how can you not love a 41 apache? rm

Quick Reply: Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.