Notices

help with posting pics

Old 01-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry help with posting pics

ok i have been a member here for about 3 years, so freekin stupid i have tried several times to post a pic from my hard drive but just can't seem to get broken down directions, any help.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

type in your respoonse (just like a normal post)

click on the "browse" button directly below this post (still in the WHITE area of the page). Find your picture file, double click on it, and it's address should appear in the grey box to the left of the "browse" button. Then click on the Submit Reply button on the bottom of the page, in the blue area.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails help with posting pics-captain_obvious_to_the_rescue.gif  
Old 01-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

If your picture is too big (over 400,000 bytes I think), OSO will somtimes (it doesn't always seem to work) downsize if for you. If it's not working, you need to re-size the picture until it is under 400,000
Old 01-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Registered

thats it mike? Wow that seems easy i will try. Thanks keep check in here for some help if i need ok, also you and i talked a couple of years ago about meeting in Alex bay ny thousand islands, do you remember for a pokerun.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Yeah, that just didn't work out for me.... maybe in the future.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Registered

i had to sell the boat, look me up in the future i will have another, i will show you around the islands and buy you a beer or two, thanks for the help i got it. check out the truck i love it.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Truck? Where????

Old 01-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Organdonor

Here is what I found in OSO's Q&A section on the matter.

What Are Attachments?
The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this board, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size (640x480 pixels, 75,000 bytes) of any attachments you make, as the board should not be used as an extension of your hard disk! If you need help compressing or reducing the size of an attachment to meet the requirements, please contact Offshoreonly.

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this board: gif jpg jpeg .

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon
So basically any gif,jpg or jpeg that is under 40k size can be posted. Things to remember are that OSO automatically resizes the pictures ( in this case the original was 624X545 but was resized to 420X366) so if your using a photo editor to get under that 40k moniker you might as well resize the picture first before reducing the file quality, that way hopefully you would have to reduce the file quality. Don't be to concerned about it no matter what you do we will have to squint to see it after its posted on the board
Attached Thumbnails help with posting pics-dscf00542.jpg  

Last edited by Organdonor; 01-09-2004 at 09:17 PM.

Old 01-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Registered

under new thread called pics of new truck,
Old 01-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Registered

Thanks josh i didn't know all that, how can i tell how big a pic is on my side of the puter.

Quick Reply: help with posting pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.