Car rims used as trailer rims >

Car rims used as trailer rims

Notices

Car rims used as trailer rims

Old 05-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car rims used as trailer rims

Thanks for the clarification. I didnt remember who it was that the accident happened to. I do remember them posting pics or the trailer and truck on their sides. Also, a pic of the rim with only the hub remaining. The rest was gone. Fortunately nobody was seriously hurt. But I know it made me think about load ratings which I never considered before.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered

You know what they say...."If the rim fits............"
Old 05-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

honestly Roll i didnt really think about load ratings of aftermarket wheels till after that either. was quite an eye opener. they did determine that it was the impact that took out the wheel not the laod. i am just glad my friends got out OK. bunch-o-knuckleheads
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Registered

Yes, those fancy rims that are so cool are weak as paper when subject to extreme side loads and impacts. It is very important to make sure you check how strong they are. I have had a heck of a time finding the right rim that is strong and looks good also. Until I do the stock rims will do just fine. Bigger tires are also a factor, be careful of the load rating, some will separate when under heavy loads and heat. Make sure you inflate your rear tires 1 psi for every 100lbs of tounge weight. This is above the rated psi.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Registered

Toyota pickup rims work fine and are everywhere cheap.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

typical 5 lug trailer hubs are a 5 on 4.5 pattern older fords and some jeeps are the same it is the back spacing you need to worry about or you can mount them and then just remount your fender to accommodate
Old 10-04-2004, 12:59 PM
WEIGELCO

Originally Posted by Hot Boat
Anyone ever use jeep rims for trailer rims. I found a nice set of jeep rims on ebay that have the same bolt pattern as my trailer. I just don't know if the offset and the hole in the center of the rim is large enough for a bearing buddy to fit through. Are there any other rims I can look at that will fit my 4.5" x 5 lug pattern.

Thanks
Paul
I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE YOUR ANTERA 141 CAPS. PLEASE PHONE ME AT 415-239-7362 OR EMAIL TO [email protected]

Old 10-04-2004, 01:08 PM
WEIGELCO

Originally Posted by Hot Boat
Anyone ever use jeep rims for trailer rims. I found a nice set of jeep rims on ebay that have the same bolt pattern as my trailer. I just don't know if the offset and the hole in the center of the rim is large enough for a bearing buddy to fit through. Are there any other rims I can look at that will fit my 4.5" x 5 lug pattern.

Thanks
Paul
DO YOU STILL HAVE THE ANTERA 141 RIMS /CAPS ?
PLEASE PHONE ME AT 425-239-7362 OR EMAIL TO [email protected]

THANK YOU
BARRY

Old 11-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Jannklein

I am also looking for the Antera 141 Center Caps. Do you still have any? [email protected]

Old 05-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BADA BING
You are correct about the bolt circle being the same as a Jeep, I had a 5 lug dual axle trailrite and I had a set of 15x8 ANTERA wheels- bolt pattern 5x114.3, center bore was hub centric 66.1 (Nissan) and the offset was 0.
The wheels were even with the fender, and bearing buddies were able to sit under the enclosed center cap.

I still have the wheels (7pcs) with caps if you interested let me know, I also have extra caps (ANTERA Style 141)
for dual axle or triple axle with a spare.

Also, used 1/2" lug nuts.

i need a set of 141 antera centers and one mount bracket if u have would u contact me at 606-564-6552 let me know how much

Quick Reply: Car rims used as trailer rims

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.