Notices

life vest cost?

Old 01-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. They say a medium is supposed to fit upto a 38! I think the large starts at a 40. Sadly, my ass is that scrawny.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Be careful of the inflatables. They did not provide protection like the other jackets if you stuff and slam into the dash or windscreen.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:03 AM
Registered

Default Lifeline Jackets

Cord
Wish you would have said something sooner.. I have a extra pair of Large Lifelines just like the one shown, I could have brought them to the Chgo Boat show and you could have picked them up after checking them out They are just like new. They just sit in my building. I got them just for guests for poker runs. But Hind sight is a wonderful thing!!
Good luck with your new jackets..
Eliminator219
Old 01-27-2004, 06:52 AM
Registered

Originally posted by KiloKat
I bought five of these for my 40 Skater. You can get them at www.tigerperformance.com. They are lightweight, very comfortable and inflate upon contact with the water.
Kilokat question?? what is the rating on how quickly they open when you or if you hit then water at over 120+ just wondering!! cheap vest is like a rolex verse a timex in my openion my life is more important to me than to see how cheap i can find a vest.. & btw the people who ride with me do wear lifeline offshore one's at all time's.. My theory if you can afford a 3 or 400.000 boat what's a measly 5or 600 for a vest.. Don't go Cheaply go Safely!!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:50 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

I had five custom lifelines for my 36' pleasure Skater and met extreme resistance to anyone wearing them. They are simply too bulky and very hot. John and I used them for the Shootout and Kilo but that was about it. However, for pleasure boating, the inflatables are very comfortable and much cooler. People don't resist wearing them near as much. For fun I had one person jump in the lake with one and it inflated almost immediately and popped him back to the surface like a cork. I'm not saying one type is better than the other. What I am saying however is that both are better than nothing.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Originally posted by KiloKat
I had five custom lifelines for my 36' pleasure Skater and met extreme resistance to anyone wearing them. They are simply too bulky and very hot. John and I used them for the Shootout and Kilo but that was about it. However, for pleasure boating, the inflatables are very comfortable and much cooler. People don't resist wearing them near as much. For fun I had one person jump in the lake with one and it inflated almost immediately and popped him back to the surface like a cork. I'm not saying one type is better than the other. What I am saying however is that both are better than nothing.

Especially if people are more willing to wear them.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Registered

I have two inflatables that my daughter and I wear when we go out together as they are much more comfortable so it's easy to get her to wear one (she insists that I also have "mine" on). I also have a 100 mph rated (overkill) jacket for if it is rough or I'm out running by myself.

-Greg
Old 01-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Registered

KiloKat,
What do you race/wear when racing the Barcardi Silver?

Ben