Vegas to Havasu,,How Far??? >

Vegas to Havasu,,How Far???

Notices

Vegas to Havasu,,How Far???

Old 02-02-2004, 04:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Vegas to Havasu,,How Far???

It looks now like I'll be in Vegas, during the Memorial Day Holiday, Doing the Work thing!!!!!
If Mama and I rent a Car,, how long will it take me to drive to Lake Havasu??? Can you get to the Sand-Bar by Land??
Thanks!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

153.4 miles from Vegas to Havasu. You can get to the chanel but you must have a boat to get to the Sand Bar and everywhere else. There is still a pretty good show in the chanel below the London Bridge but not as wild as the Sand Bar.
I will be on Lake Mead that weekend or I would let you jump in with me.
I just remembered that they are still closing the Sand Bar and Copper Canyon on Memorial Day Weekend. So you won't be missing that spot.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Registered

Thanks D.T.,, Closing the Sand Bar??? Aint that a Bitach!! Where do think the "Party" will be at??
Old 02-02-2004, 07:27 PM
BK
Registered

When I lived in Kingman, we stayed far away from Havasu, Parker and Lake Mohave on holiday weekends. On top of it being the most dangerous times to go boating there, the launch ramps were always crowded and full of angry hot people jumping down each others throats.

Then, if you decided to just party by sitting in the channel near the London Bridge and watching the crazies go by, you've got this other problem to deal with:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...vasuco260.html

Of course, you may love the massive hoards of boaters and wild party atmosphere.

If that's the case - go for it!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally posted by BK
When I lived in Kingman, we stayed far away from Havasu, Parker and Lake Mohave on holiday weekends. On top of it being the most dangerous times to go boating there, the launch ramps were always crowded and full of angry hot people jumping down each others throats.

Then, if you decided to just party by sitting in the channel near the London Bridge and watching the crazies go by, you've got this other problem to deal with:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...vasuco260.html

Of course, you may love the massive hoards of boaters and wild party atmosphere.

If that's the case - go for it!

BUZZ KILLER

OK,,, Where are the OSO Clan going to be at??
Old 02-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Registered

On the holiday weekends, Steamboat Cove, Copper Canyon, and the Channel are the places that people hang out.

Steamboat is a fairly large cove, and seems to be the new party spot since the Sandbar is closed on the holidays.

You need a boat to access all but the Channel. If you don't have access to a boat, go park down by the London Bridge and walk to the channel. You can still see a good show from the shore.

I personally stay away on the hoiday weekends because it is to crazy for me. I guess I must be getting old.