Navy Jet Fighter Is for Sale on eBay >

Navy Jet Fighter Is for Sale on eBay

Notices

Navy Jet Fighter Is for Sale on eBay

Old 02-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me it is a Beech Staggerwing.

I mean you are flying, what's the hurry?

Although the wife was looking at a Hawker Jet the other day and thought it would be a good idea to have one, who am I to tell her no.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Registered

Crazyhorse, do you have any more info on the legislation? That is a huge threat if the politicians are going after warbirds. I grew up working the Warbird show in Geneseo NY, and have flown AT-6 Texans in Arizona for a bit. That would be a real shame to take them out of private hands.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday they BS'd the bid up to $100 mil
Old 02-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Registered

There is a guy at the the airport in newcastle Delaware the owns 2 mig fighters. He bought them in Russia and shipped them here assembled both planes. The f.a.a. will not allow him the paper work to fly these planes. I guess thet do not want just anybody to fly mach1.5 fighters jets.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by mmwalters
There is a guy at the the airport in newcastle Delaware the owns 2 mig fighters. He bought them in Russia and shipped them here assembled both planes. The f.a.a. will not allow him the paper work to fly these planes. I guess thet do not want just anybody to fly mach1.5 fighters jets.

good ole steveie
Old 02-18-2004, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the Corsair - one of my favorites. I remember when they could be bought for around 75K. How seldom do opportunity and financial ability meet!
Attached Thumbnails Navy Jet Fighter Is for Sale on eBay-corsair1.gif  
Old 02-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

That would be a fun one to own, but I can tell you for sure, if the FAA ever allowed you to fly it, the afterburner section of the engines would have to be disabled, if not removed completely.
That would take almost all of the fun out of owning an aircraft that prides itself in a near 1:1 thrust-to-weight ratio.
One of my clients just hired a retired naval aviator/Blue Angel pilot (24 years of service to our country), and he has flown that particular aircraft when with the Angels.
He has a few stories to tell, and you just can't make up most of his...............
Jim
Old 02-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default F18

The US Government is most concerned about technology being pirated from these aircraft including: Fly by wire systems, radar/tracking/fire control systems, and the ability to reverse engineer them- hence North Korea could build their own fighters that outfly an F 18. I worked for Lear Siegler back in the 80's and they had a division in Santa Monica that built the weapons guidance systems for the F 14. We were not allowed to even go into that building w/o clearance.

Wannabe
Old 02-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.stormbirds.com/project/index.html

Anyone in the Philadelphia Pa. area Go to the Willow Grove Air base on Rt 611 they have a Mint what I think is a (Me - 262) In a HUGE Glass house on display. I'm gonna have to get up there with a camera soon
Old 02-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CAP071, I can remember when Willow Grove had a huge display of captured Japanese and German aircraft along with many one of a kind jet prototypes. They were all parked along side the highway out in the weather. Glad to here they've built a museuem for them.