Notices

ft myers poker run ??????

Old 03-05-2004, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hugetime:

I'll be driving myself. I will check around for a crew who knows the local waters. Although, what has been stated above is correct, local knowledge is not all that important with this locale. There is plenty of water and good times to be had. I'll be at the back of the pack.

T
Old 03-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Registered

you guys are right, I was just messin with gl a little bit. I have no intention on being un safe or hurting anybody for that matter. I am a little crazy at times but not stupid. I am fully well aware that I am responsible for other people in the boat and I always operate my boat in a fairly safe manner. like I said I was just tryin to ruffle gl's feathers a little. I should also remember that the have been some serious accidents latley were people where seriously hurt and I mean't no disrespect. just a little trash talkin, sorry.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Registered

megabyte don't get the wrong impresion about me, I know these guys and was just givin it back to them a little. If you still want to ride with me we will go slow, mainly due to the fact that I don't have much choice, the boat only goes 70...lol ... but seriously I don't have a death wish , I am a responsible boater and we will make it back for the party and yes we will be way at the back of the pack.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Registered

Hugetime1: No problem w/ me. I just want to drive my fountain with the wife and kids. They are the reason that we'll be at the back of the pack. I won't be able to keep up with the serious hardware anyway.

T
Old 03-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You were scaring me a little there Jason. With all that has happened to me and my boating accident several years ago and now with the death of Byron on Monday, coupled with turning 40 next month, The BIG picture is much clearer to me then it used to be. You remind me alot of myself back a few years ago. The waters can get big on the Gulf and is much different boating then what we are used to. Just be careful and get used to your new surroundings.

GL and I were out in some bigger water last Monday in Ft Laudredale and we were both running hard and it took me about 4 minutes to relize that it aint worth it, that if the boat didnt break, my body was going to

Bob

Last edited by OTIS311; 03-05-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Hugetime
Not to worry..the gulf is pretty calm this time of year, and even when its rough its not that bad. the thing you need to watch for is shallow water and pot markers. Always stay in the marked channels when near shore!!!!!
Look foward to meeting you.

Dan
Old 03-05-2004, 06:43 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by OTIS311
GL and I were out in some bigger water last Monday...
At least I was in a 42 not a little girly boy 38!!!!
Old 03-06-2004, 12:40 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Balls out ride man!!! Stuff people write about! and other dream about!
Old 03-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jason, if I dont have my boat down there by then I would be more than happy to help you out. Dont know the water but do know my way around a boat. If I do have the boat down there, would love to run with you guys. And knowing what everyone else runs down here. I will be in the back.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gulf gets big north of Sanibel this time of year. I ran north 2 or 3 weaks ago and it was a solid 4 with a accasional 5. Last Sunday it was blowing up a mess! My 390 will not be done yet so I might a new 41. Who is putting on this run?

Quick Reply: ft myers poker run ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.