And It Begins (Launch Ramp)

Old 03-20-2004, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

got to remember your checklist

Pull into parking area
load boat with remaining items that you
dont want stolen from your truck while your gone.
Check drain plugs, Make sure drive is raised
enough to launch,Turn on bilge blower, remove the bow hook IF you have bunks!
Back boat down ramp into water "PUT park break on" have wife/date fire her up " with the drive down"so your not floating there with a dead boat
"release park break" and park truck, get your ass back there quick because others are waiting.

coming back tie up to dock far away from the ramp
as to not interfer with other boaters.
Make sure you put the drive up as soon as you
shut her down , its easy to forget and certainly not worth all the laughting at would would get.
not to mention the damage .
Old 03-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I just dont unhook that bow hook. You never know when you going to have a dog or some kid run in back of your trailer and instict will determine how hard you hit the brakes.

Old 03-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with you Mr. D....I never take off the bow hook until the boat is floating.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Dave1972
I'm with you Mr. D....I never take off the bow hook until the boat is floating.
I dont have to worry I have a stepped hull and it cannot
slide off , the step would not be able to pass over the
rear bunks but I do see your point about the kids and dogs, but then again I back up slow.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ramp

DOWNTOWN........Where we are.... the storm did not effect us at all - thank goodness. We are on the east side.... water to the west of us .... so hurricane winds going away from the dock. SW summer storms stirr things up a bit. Fortunately the sea wall keeps things at bay and a min of 4' of water at the wall prevents sand form shifting too much.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:06 AM
Registered

Default checklist

I always put drain plug in prior to getting to ramp and start engines on hose/cups prior to departing.

Back in ... loosen cable ..... climb in and start engine... wife unhook and hop in truck ... back up until off and she parks truck. She and I always watch bilge discharge from the moment the boat hits the water ...a habit started after noticing pump on while starting engine a few years back ... we discovered a leak (Hose split) just before backing off trailer.

Loading is even quicker..... trailer in water.. drive on... wife hooks & snugs cable..... pulls out while I shut down. You should never have to winch a boat on the trailer.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:11 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Tech , you need to get one of those sightseer cameras, like the type they have a Niagra Falls!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 06:26 AM
Registered

Default Weather change

Well, with the wind out of the NW and the cold weather the action has slowed to a crawl.

few die - hard fishermen and thats it. They are calling for 80's by Thursday.

Camera with a zoom of some sort live online would be fun and a cool idea. Remonds me of the movie "American Pie" < Laughing>
Old 03-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Registered

Default Re: .

Originally posted by Hi-Tech Marine
The amazing thing is .... most of the 'no starts' floating by are due to a dead battery..... go figure
Reminds me of my all time favorite from when I lived in Huntington Beach, CA. Guys with nice boat and low-rider 60's Chevy back the boat nicely into the water. Driver then gets out, opens hood, and removes battery. Places battery in boat, starts it, and backs off the trailer. Removes the battery, takes it back to the car, pulls the triler out and goes to park the car. Once parked he again opens the hood, removes the battery, walks have way to the dock and then notices the hood is still open, walks back to shut the hood then to the dock. Puts the battery in the boat, starts it, and heads out.

Guess there wasn't enough $$ for gas, beer and a second battery.

-Greg
Old 03-23-2004, 07:04 AM
Registered

the one's that get me are those that park in front of the ramp and fish....can't launch the boat or anything cause they are blocking the whole dang thing.

Then you have those that fish from the ramp pier...even though your pulling up trying to put up...they'll just sit there with lines out in the water. Man some people

Quick Reply: And It Begins (Launch Ramp)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.