Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's official:  I need to find a new job. >

It's official: I need to find a new job.

Notices

It's official: I need to find a new job.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to thank Bush too for not putting a end to these Jobs leaving
Old 03-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, Billy Bob and his great idea. NAFTA sucks. Made in America is soon to be a thing of the past.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Registered

Foul.. thats a sad thing to hear. I know over the years you have been having problems and have been hangin on. Its not good at all seening **** like this go down. It effects people in many ways and the company doesn't even take that into account. I wish you all the luck in finding a new career bud. keep your head high and start looking around, a guy with a education like yours in wanted somelplace over there in grand rapids I hope you can find something around town and don't have to move, cause bro I don't have many freinds and would hate to see you go..

Travis
Old 03-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Thanks Travis... I consider you a good friend too.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:20 PM
SLP

Waterfoul, I'm a mfg's rep in the Detroit area. We have an office in Grand Haven that supports the west side of the state. Shoot me an e-mail I may be able to pass on some names in your area.

Sam

Old 03-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

SLP, for some reason, my computer won't allow me to email you from your profile. Sorry.... haven't figured out why yet. Shoot me an email at

[email protected]

and we can talk.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 03-29-2004, 07:47 PM
mamamarsh

Foull,
Sorry to hear your news. but hang in there..there is a reason for everything. It just isn't always clear while your in it. It sounds like the BOARD is going to help.
Wish I could help.
Have you thought of buying a small business? That is what we (my husband and I)did about 5 years years ago. Love it and haven't looked back on the corporate days.
Good luck and get to networking NOW!

Old 03-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear this.
I too was affected by NAFTA in '97.
I had 13 yrs in as a toolmaker at a plant that was started over 50 yrs ago, making excellant wages and benefits. They shipped the whole thing to Renosa Mexico a few months after I left. I left while I still had a job. Don't have to take the 1st thing that comes along that way. Now I have a better paying job, with absolutley no pressures and tons of perks and benefits. Had 4 weeks vacation at the end of my 1st yr here and took about every other Fri last summer while my vacation still built up. I haven't even been here for 3 yrs yet! And I love my job!
My point is, while I thought the worst while it was happening, it was just the incentative I needed to make a change. What seemed at 1st a major setback, ended up being one of the best things that ever happened to me.
Take this opportunety and advance yourself. But you must do it while you have time and not after you get your walking papers.

Good Luck!
Old 03-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, That really sucks! Good luck, It looks like a few people may have some leads for you.
I wish I could help somehow.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:04 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about this, I too work for a Johnson distributor (in Delaware). What did you manufacture? We also have a plant in Delaware I know relocating is not at the top of your list but we have GREAT boating here!

Quick Reply: It's official: I need to find a new job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.