Notices

38 Top Gun HOW Much??

Old 04-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Mid 90's TG w/ 900's and dry 6's

Originally posted by WetKitty42
You are right this boat does not exist. If it did I caculate it would run between 100-108 MPH.
Fred with 900 's the boat runs low to mid 90's and I don't think the one in Ft Lauderdale will ever sell at 150. My freind owns one meeting this description for sale in florida which is very nice and 175 would be a steal on that particular boat. A similar one did sell in Indiana last year for a lot less, nice boat, but it had 5's and was a six pack. Also sold out of an estate. There are not many dry sump 6 tg's around and they are still holding their value good for the right buyer. Also for everyone who compares these boats to stock power bravo top guns , two things are true. The stock power guns are much easier on the pocket books and to sell but the ride difference is stunning. They are not even close to the same boats. If you ever want to ride in one let me know. I promise you won't be disapointed. NK
Old 04-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Patiently waiting for new news
Old 04-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Registered

At roughly the same time last year two TG's with big drives and power were up for sale. The first was in Arizona and belonged to a friend of SummerO. It had Chief 1000's and #6's and went for about $95k. The second boat was a red and white TG with full stagger and #5's. Tres had done the rigging and the boat was nice. I had a client with a contract on the boat at $82k but the deal fell through so it was sold to another person here on the board. I still think that this boat was the best deal to come around in a while. I personally think that upkeep become the issue when looking at big power boats. Sure it would be nice to just jam the sticks forward on one of these boats but the fact is that newer TS's with blowers are now seeing 105mph regularly..... thats impreesive, especially considering the reliablity.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Registered

I bought the 36 Apache that was on Ebay yesterday.

Boat is in my backyard on my Lift.

Left the marina, went 1/4 mile down the canal and the Port side #6 was inop. Pulled boat out of water drained the drive fluid and found metal and water. Not a good sign.

Luckily this is the port staggard motor so I can see the the tranny & drive shafts are operating, but the prop is not turning. Somewhere between the drive shaft and the prop shaft something let go.

The metal I found in the drive oil was tiny alluminum foil like pieces that were smaller than a peice of rice and few and far between. The water was probably just condensation. The seals were all in tact and new. So I'm a little stumped. Wating for the diagnosis from real mechanics on monday.

This is not going to be a Happy Easter for me...

Fred
Attached Thumbnails 38 Top Gun HOW Much??-36-warrior.jpg  

Last edited by WetKitty42; 04-10-2004 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Damn Fred, thats great AND that sucks all at the same time

I thought that boat had an extensive and complete going through / freshening recently ??
Old 04-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Jamie B.
Damn Fred, thats great AND that sucks all at the same time

I thought that boat had an extensive and complete going through / freshening recently ??

It did!!

The owner mentioned that the prop shaft seals were leaking. So he replaced them and changed the drive oil. He never bay tested the boat & neither did I. The boat ran great on the hose, engine ran smooth, trannys shifted,drives were turning quietly. The guy who sold me the boat sounds like a decent guy, hopefully we'll work this out. I sure hope it'snot major.

The drives are still quiet and not making any clunking sounds. Hopefully it's in the lower unit & can be repaired quickly. Otherwise I love the boat. It needs a little love. I might do some interior & gague work, but all else is good.

fred
Old 04-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Boat is in my backyard on my Lift.
Congrats on the new boat Fred, sorry to hear about the drive. Get it fixed, and let's run to Monty's!!!

Bobby
Old 04-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Steve_H

Fred
congrats! thats a bad azz ride

name her yet?
Scalp Taker?

Old 04-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Registered

congrats...get the bug-a-boos out.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Registered

Boat is going to the Chief factory tomorrow for a new #6.

While it's out there Mr. Saccenti & Mr. Grady will be making me a "New" boat

New Interior, Guages, Cabin, Throttles, GPS, Stereo, Carpets.

This was & still will be the Baddest Ass 36 Apache ever made. Not to mention All new Drive Train a Kevlar Hull that is in New condition, A paint job that is out of this world. All of the new Cosmetic upgrades I listed above.

A Full Staggerd set up @ close to 2000 HP on Pump Fuel (105-109 MPH)

I'll see ya's all on the Water in NYC !!!

Fred

Quick Reply: 38 Top Gun HOW Much??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.