Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
SAAB Steps up to the plate!! >

SAAB Steps up to the plate!!

Notices

SAAB Steps up to the plate!!

Old 04-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audio, I'll bet that "99" was a friggin blast to drive. I know a whole bunch of vettes, stangs, camaros, etc., just went slackjawed when that SPG just sceamed away from them. And that competition only exhaust that he put on it sounded just like a "911 Turbo". Damn car really hauled azz. You could be running along at 70, drop down to 4th, nail it, and it would flat pin you in those seats. I miss that car. And it handled like it was on rails.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by rainmn
Cuda, for what it's worth, Saab is owned by GM.
Where are they assembled?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by cuda
Where are they assembled?
DAMN SKIPPY and also Sweeden does not allow for a NON swedish company to own majority of the company. So it is my understanding that while GM owns a good chunk of the pie but not enough to screw it up like they do thier own stuff
Old 04-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know where they are assembled..I used to own one too. Just thought the fact that GM owned a piece would make Cuda feel a little better. Guess not.
I'm glad to see GM hasn't had enough input to turn Saab's into Chevys anyway. After my previous experience with GM, (A Yukon) the only way they will ever see a penny from me again is if I buy another Saab.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Banned

I just like to keep our northern AMERICAN freinds employed. My last four American trucks have all been great!
Old 04-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Banned

I think it has just become chic to bash American cars.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Registered

My wife's Infiniti G20 was in for new rear shocks last week (under warranty). They didn't have any loaners at the time so they gave her a Stratus. The next day they called her and said they were sorry about the rental car, and she could bring it back for a loaner, because that's what she paid for. So she had a new G35 for about a week. That's the major difference I see these days in the mfrs. Some will bend over backwards to help out the person that bought their product, and others consider them just another pain in the a$$. The G20 is their bottom of the line car and she's treated like she spent $60K on it. The US manfacturers and especially the dealers need to realize how much this means to people. We can get family pricing on Ford and GM, and supplier pricing for just about anything else, and she went with a well built car from a great dealership that will kiss her a**. Not treat her like crap like the Olds dealer before this.

I'll stick with my Chevy Avalanche though. Built in Hermisillo, Mexico???
Old 04-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cuda it is not CHIC it is REALITY.

My Ford: When it breaks I have to make a apointment. Drive to the dealer, drop off the truck and PAY for a rental, if I am lucky I get a truck, and then waite for DAYS for them to fix the car.

My Saab: When it breaks I have to make a apointment (this is were the similarities end and try and stick with me on this one Cuda) They send a car and driver down not a POS GEO that Ford used to give me when I was still in Warrantee but another Saab. They drive my car back to the dealer and fix it. When they are done they drive my car back to me and we exchange cars. They will pick my car up ANYPLACE in New England. This service is for the LIFE of the car. I also get annuall free detailings, free oil changes for as long as I own the car and many other things that NO american car dealer will do. I find it funny that people so blindy fallow this buy american slogan. You can buy American but if you look most of the American cars and trucks are NOT made in the "good old US of A. My money goes to the people that work for it and the europeans just seem to do it better.

Jon
Old 04-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Registered

Cool

In my dain bramaged opinion...every car is going to have issues. It's how those issues are handled that separate the good from the great manufacturers.

Saab has been great to me...

Old 04-16-2004, 07:32 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess Jon failed to tell Saab he was pulling his trailer queen around with it in that case I can see why he needed a new one, Damn water logged Antique Boat

Quick Reply: SAAB Steps up to the plate!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.