Notices

Formula 353 FasTec

Old 04-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Rippem, OH NO ya had to mention Velocity didn't ya. Now Mr. Velocity is going get all in a wad!
Nah, this thread is about formula. Besides, my 41 doesn't have a bathroom, sink, table.....it doesn't even have a cushin in the cabin, just bulkheads. After 8 years of running the big NJ Atlantic waters I'm just waiting for it to break, as much as I try I just can't make it happen.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I knew that was gonna happen... It was inevitable.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Mr.V...these are usually stronger when dipping..
Maybe I should paint them on my boat like my buddy did with his ice cream fountain.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Hopefully he isn't finding out how little that overpriced ice cream cone (with the gold sprinkles) is really worth when the market "melts". Right back at 'ya Mike!
Old 04-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,
The weights of these boats very significantly with the options put in them. Stock weights on boats are rarely accurate.
I worked for a dealer that carried: Formula, Fountain, Cigarette, Baja, Skater, Outerlimits and a few other lines all at one time. I used to spend every single day for years with the little inaccurate propaganda booklets in my hand describing numbers and how every boat is different to people that would show up just to freakin argue. There is only one way to see how two boats differ, and that is to get them wet. I have done this with just about every new boat on the lot (As well as Brokerage boats). In all kinds of sea condition. Extensively training new boat owners and running with raceboat drivers and ex-drug runners.
I will tell Reggie to his face that the numbers he publishes are B.S.
So are Formulas and Bajas. Some are too high, some are too low. but very few are right. Too many veriables (Water, Fuel, equiptment, climate while running, props to power, blah blah blah)
I have said in this thread that both boats are very good for there own particular use.
I answered the first question on this thread about selling price, and accurately, considering I had sold similar boats in the recent past. I don't want a fellow board member to sit on his "For Sale" boat for the next two years because some broker said he could get another $20K for it.
So calm down, breath through your nose, and stop turning this thread into a debate!

And the freeboard is different, stand in the back seat of both boats on a big day and you will agree! And before you come back with some measurment, let me correct myself. I am refuring to freeboard relative to interior floor hight. Not exterior freeboard at the gunnel (My mistake and I appologize)
Old 04-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Registered

I got the munchies for potato chips now
Old 04-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Registered

Not running drugs, smarty. But there is something to be said for the talent of those who run fast in the dark and live. And I said "Ex". Most of whom turned into great racers. So dont get all "Mr. Morality" on me. I have been lucky to meet and run with a large group of boaters.

Let me just bow out now considering you must have time in your day to debate. You are the all knowing and I will send my clients your way for advise. I am just guessing on numbers, and prices, and should try to learn from you, The Grand Boat Pooba!

I love this board!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Registered

I always love a good debate, I just dont have the time. I am typing this while trying to talk to clients on the phone. Not too efficient at either right now
Old 04-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=76761
Old 04-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW 122K now that's a DEAL

Quick Reply: Formula 353 FasTec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.