Are OSO Old Timers Leaving? >

Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

Notices

Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

Old 05-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

I think I'm an old timer. I don't have much to contribute because I consider myself still a baby in the boating world. I make a habit to stop in everyday and see what's up. I've met people thru this board that I never would have come into contact with before. Like I've stated before, I remember back when I was lurking the general membership was wondering who was going to the the 1000th member. I just missed.

As has been said previously, there is life off of the internet, there have been periods over the last 3 year where I did not have time to look at the board for months. I REFUSE to look at OSO during the day. I can't mix my job and my hobby.

p.s. Allan4 - learn how to quote - phucktard
Old 05-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

I am the FIRST registered member after the founder ... check in most everyday and post a couple of times a week.

So, are OSO Old Timers leaving ? ... no .... no reason to

G
Old 05-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Registered

Red face Re: Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

....and what about Cigwillie?

Oh, wait, that's me and I'm still here!
Old 05-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Registered

Well, I've been around long enough to remember the original format.....like an out-line for a college term paper, remember that one, Stinson?

Seems like I remember the first controversy was the fact that Jennifer Cohen(sp) had a beer BEFORE a poker run, WOW, like we ain't NEVER done that before.

It's been alot of fun around here and it's still the only site that I go to, I don't have time to look at ALL the **** out there.

There are ALOT of nice genuine caring people on here that like to go boating, but look at the nature of offshore powerboats, BIG egos, not trying step on anyone toes, but let's face it, these are big expensive boats that people work hard for and take EXTREME pride in and like to show-off. So, there will naturally be some "head-butting".

SS930, I agree with you on the APACHE thing, I know that I take great pride in my boat and appreciate what everyone else does to their's, but all the **** that has come about since the sale of Warrior Powerboats to Thad is udderly rediculous.

Robert
Old 05-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tonto
Seems like I remember the first controversy was the fact that Jennifer Cohen(sp) had a beer BEFORE a poker run, WOW, like we ain't NEVER done that before.
Wow - I can't believe you remembered that one.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette1
I am the FIRST registered member after the founder ... check in most everyday and post a couple of times a week.

So, are OSO Old Timers leaving ? ... no .... no reason to

G

Wow I never realized that, that must be pretty cool to be the 2nd member or whatever out of almost 20,000 members!!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by robyw1
I agree, the information here is well worth the price of the top membership, but I can't see the annual fee driving people away. I mean for the pics alone it is worth the money. I don't know what is driving them away.

Roby
Thanks ! I always like reading a comment like that !!!

Seriously though, many things have changed over the years.

Now being 5 to 6 years later when this thread was started, who is left standing now ???

Yes, I still peek in once in a while and contribute because many of the people here take the time to post a comment or two on the pics I bring to the Forum.

I tend to stop posting pics when there is no response...

It's like talking to yourself if no one responds to your posts....

An easy rule of thumb, "Ignore me I will go away....." Ha ha ha ha.........

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 01-31-2010, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,363 Likes on 464 Posts

Lots of new people for sure. Like radio and TV, there are other channels to turn to now, and some have. but I think that the majority dont mind being able to view all the sites. I still check the others but rarely post or wont post at all, but I think the people that i talk with here are more grounded with reality. they have boats, not just keyboard boaters.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

I used to spend HOURS on here every day. Lately, I just check out OSO when I am bored at work.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
I used to spend HOURS on here every day. Lately, I just check out OSO when I am bored at work.
Yep, used to spend hrs/day also reading everypost way back when. Now I just pop in several times and skim, I do mean skim, thru the gen section, hit the tech, swap, Baja and Fountain forums in a matter of a few minutes, unless I find a post of intrest, then I'll follow it. Bilge gets a peek once or twice a week on average.
But still here!

Quick Reply: Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.